Hard hair after deep conditioning

nkonadu

Hello ladies,
I finally decided to join LHCF after lurking for abt 3 yrs!! I have relied on many of your suggestions to take care of my hair and am happy to say I have achieved great results, until now.....:sad: I recently took out a weave I had in my hair for about 2 months, and while I had it, I did all the necessary things like washing, conditioning and moisturing to make sure it stayed in healthy condition. Prior to getting the weave, I did a protein treatment with dudleys DRC-28 to make sure it was strong and healthy, and of course followed up with a moisturizing conditioner (Keracare Humecto) After taking out the weave (3 wks ago) I relaxed two weeks later and followed amy normal relaxer routine, (aphogee 2 min before rinsing out relaxer, neutralizing and deep conditioning with ORS, french perm stabilizer to lay down the cuticles) and my hair came out nice and soft, like it always does when I follow this routine. I always rollerset my hair since im scared of the flat and curling iron, and always apply a leave in (long term relationship, chi silk infusion, or aphogee leave in depending on the needs of my hair) along with setting lotion and then proceed to rollerset. My hair always comes out nice soft and bouncy and I never have to worry abt breakage, just minimal shedding. Just a week ago, I co-washed with wen (lavender) deep conditioned with Keracare with heat for about 20 mins, and after I washed it out, hard hair :wallbash: and struggled to part my hair for my weekly rollerset. Needless to say, I lost a lot of hair during that process and was not too happy abt it. The following week, I clarified my hair thinking that maybe the conditioner did not penetrate deep enough because of this but still, hard hair. I then mixed some water and acv to lay down the cuticles thinking this would help but nope, still hard. I then mixed some mizani miosturizing conditioner with some salt (the kiyafizzle), sat under the dryer for 20 mins, and still, hard hair. At this point im frustrated because I don't know what to do anymore and proceeded to blowdry my hair, detangle it and then instead of wetting my entire hair with setting lotion and leave in, parted it, applied it to sections and then rollerset. My hair came out fine, and is nice and soft, but the process I had to go through to get to this point frustrated me and hoped I wouldnt have to go through this torture again. Just this morning, same thing, hard hair, and now I don't know what I did wrong or what to do, any suggestions ladies??

hi there...

I just went through a similar battle with my hair, it just seemed dry no matter what I did to it. Adding more moisture in the form a a water based spray helped me tremendously. If you have been around here long enough, you know that the ladies rave about various water/glycerin based moisturizers, i.e. scurl, hawaiian silky 14 in 1, nu-grow, etc. I personally ordered the Nu-Gro leave in and the moisturizing spray last month, and I have been using these two products in conjuction with my routine, and I have to tell you, my relaxed hair (with about 1.5 of new growth) has never been this soft! When I first received these products, I just sprayed with the moisture spray, sealed with my castor oil and baggied my hair for a couple of hours. That did the trick for me, I have not had dry hair since. And, for maintenance, I give my hair a little spritz at least once a day, and I seal at night. If I do more, it is only when I feel my hair needs it, lest my hair gets that gummy feeling.

HTH!

Was that your first time using the WEN lavendar?

Also, which leave-in did you use?

Last question is, are you sure your hair wasn't over processed?

No, it was not my first time. Everytime i've used it in the past, my hair came out feeling so soft, but now, it does not. I was shocked it did not make my hair soft and even clarified bcos of that but still, nothing. I use either chi silk infusion if I need a little protein or HE ltr or hello hydration for miosture and aphogee leave in (only one of these at a time), and i'm 100% sure my hair was not overprocessed.

It may have been a particular productor mix of products. I'm not sure, but my hair has been acting weird lately too.

:welcome:
Have you tried a hot oil treatment or any oil on the hair to lubricate it?
Overall your products, regimen and techniques sounds good, but like someone said, the mixture of products might be the problem.

actually, it was my first time using mizani mixed with avocado oil since I ran out of humecto. I still clarified anyway and used Lekair shea butter mixed with salt, which I have used before with good results but still ended up with hard hair which i struggled to even part. I have heard good things about baggying and would like to try it to see if it works but need more information. I plan to use a water/glycerin mix or s-curl and seal with oil, but is it supposed to be done on damp or dry hair. All suggestions are welcome, thanks ladies!

No, it was not my first time. Everytime i've used it in the past, my hair came out feeling so soft, but now, it does not. I was shocked it did not make my hair soft and even clarified bcos of that but still, nothing. I use either chi silk infusion if I need a little protein or HE ltr or hello hydration for miosture and aphogee leave in (only one of these at a time), and i'm 100% sure my hair was not overprocessed.

I'm not sure or not, but do these products have cones? Maybe your hair doesn't like cones?

Back