Hard Butters

Naturelle

Ok so I absolutely :love: Avocado butter. Shea butter comes next. However I've tried to experimant iwth some other butters that are just uberly :nono:.

Grapseed Butter - seems like it has so much potential but even in it's somewhat melted state, it is so grainy.

Mowrah Butter - Don't mind it but it has the lumpy solids in it that just make me go yuck sometimes. When it get 'hard' (it's really a semi-solid) it looks yucky nad makes my concoctions sometimes yucky

Cucpuacu Butter - I hate this butter...used it the other day and my hair was hard instatnly. It's a really hard butter, but I figured that melting it would be ok? Ah, no. That butter hardened right up in my hair and it has an awful smell.

What butters don't you like?

What butters didn't you like at first but found ways to work with them?

I have mango butter --> hard butter! I haven't used it yet though, but I have no idea how to either, I'm gonna try to heat it up...

I wasn't huge on Avocado butter, it was just ok. The consistencey was nice though.

I absolutely hate cocoa butter. I had no idea it was gonna be so HARD. It's so hard it is un-usable. I've been trying to make it work but I'm no mixtress.

I hate the smell of Red Palm Butter but I like everything else about it. I'm trying really hard to up what I have. It won't be something I'll buy again.

I also hated Coffee Butter! After months of trying to convince myself to use it I trashed the whole tub because it smelled that bad. It smelled like cigarette ashes mixed up with oil coffee *gag*, and the consistencey was very gritty.

I'm done with trying unknown butters, lol. The only one I have left that I really want to try is olive butter.

Pokahontas, try melting your cocoa butter, I melted mine to do the homemade curly pudding and it stays very soft and creamy.

Pokahontas, try melting your cocoa butter, I melted mine to do the homemade curly pudding and it stays very soft and creamy.
I tried that and it eventually hardens back up to a rock, lol. I even tried adding other things to it but I didn't want to add too much because I didn't want to loose the yummy smell. I'm guessing I'll have to melt it each time I go to use it which will be a pain in the butt.

I tried that and it eventually hardens back up to a rock, lol. I even tried adding other things to it but I didn't want to add too much because I didn't want to loose the yummy smell. I'm guessing I'll have to melt it each time I go to use it which will be a pain in the butt.

Hopefully unlike my cupuacu butter it doesn't harden up in you hair.

Bumping for more responses

I know this thread is a lil old, but I have hemp seed butter and I LOVE IT! It's thicker than avacado butter but softer/smoother than my unrefined shea butter. Plus, a little goes a long way.

I spritz my hair with water and then rub the hemp seed butter into my palms and smooth through my hair. I put a dab of red palm butter in my palms to seal it and voila! perfectly moisturized, well-behaved ponytail. I do the same to the ends after I've put it into the ponytail, then baggy and throw the phony pony on top. I have retained lots of length with this regimine.

It also helps me when stretching if I use a little bit more, I can use it like gel (but healthier). Helps with the 12-week streches for sure :-)

Back