Happy Nappy Honey Hair and Body Products

My Honey Handmades is here in my City. Lets hope it arrives tomorrow as scheduled.

Last time, both orders got here, but both were "Returned To Sender" with no explanation.

Thank you for the input ladies!
1. 6.5 oz for those prices?!? Naw
2. No emollients, BTMS, etc?! NO
3. DCs that feel like grease and do nothing?!? Negative I think imma skip this line. So glad that I asked!

@AgeinATL
And the fact that the full ingredients list is undisclosed on the site. So, you won't know until it arrives what is in it, until you get it.

Okay, my Honey Handmades arrived today! YAY! I'm 2 out of 4.

I see what the other poster meant about the scent, but I think it is the Buttermilk.

I got x2 Buttermilk & Spiked Rum Cleansing Conditioners (or something like that).

Packaging has greatly improved and items were sealed (to prevent leaking/spillage).

However, my biggest complaint is with Fill-Rate. There was a considerable amount of product missing from both bottles.

And that's wrong on so many levels.

Another "CON" with this company, there is no way on the site to contact them.

I had to go through some convoluted 'back door' to be able to find a mechanism (in the Shipping & Returns area) to even find a way to contact them to inquire about my product. #tooshady

I received my products in a timely fashion, but I don't like them. I used the Pumpkin & Safflower Apple Butter CW today and it was too liquidy and it didn't provide me any slip.

@trclemons

The Buttermilk Spiked Rum Cleansing Conditioner is also extremely watery/liquidy.

It did a decent job cleansing, but I felt I had to use too much of it to get the job done.

It's definitely not something I would repurchase unless it was 40, 50, 60, 70% off and then I'd still hafta' think about it.

I'll see what's up with the "Knots Going Bananas" if I ever get it.

Did get my "Knots Going Bananas" a couple days ago and plan to use it as a Pre-Poo.

I also bought the Honey & Tomato DC'er (6.5 oz) and I'm waiting on that and will also use it as a Pre-Rx.

A Shipping Label was created, but the product still hasn't moved. *bad habit with this vendor*

I've been taking "baby steps" with this vendor because I've been burned a year or so ago, so I'm being very careful and just ordering 'little things' to see how it goes with her this time.

The Cleansing conditioner, while it worked, it was literally very boring and uneventful (if that makes sense).

Hopefully, the Knots Going Banana's and/or the Honey Tomato works better for me, if not, I will let this line go once & for all.

Okay, my order just arrived and though I didn't care for the janky looking envelope everything was sealed and there was no spillage nor seepage. I'm dying to open everything but I'm missing a few items. I've sent an email so I'll wait for a response before I go dipping into my new goodies. Although I haven't opened anything as yet and most of the containers are dark colored, all but two of the jars are heavy so the fill levels seem good for the most part. The lightest and least filled are two cowashes, the Tucuma Buttermilk and the Pumpkin Safflower. I'm assuming they've settled because they seem to have an aerated consistency like a melted milkshake. I also got a natural deodorant that I did not order, not sure if it's a freebie or a mistake.

Okay, my order just arrived and though I didn't care for the janky looking envelope everything was sealed and there was no spillage nor seepage. I'm dying to open everything but I'm missing a few items. I've sent an email so I'll wait for a response before I go dipping into my new goodies. Although I haven't opened anything as yet and most of the containers are dark colored, all but two of the jars are heavy so the fill levels seem good for the most part. The lightest and least filled are two cowashes, the Tucuma Buttermilk and the Pumpkin Safflower. I'm assuming they've settled because they seem to have an aerated consistency like a melted milkshake. I also got a natural deodorant that I did not order, not sure if it's a freebie or a mistake.
So you re missing items from your order ?or is it from a separate order ?

@Kindheart

It doesn't. I'm sorry.

It's not even on the 'map' for me with any of the lines I currently use.

HNH needs to continue to improve their products. They are not ready for "Prime-Time" and that's just my Honest Opinion.

There may be some "stars" in the line-up, but I haven't come across it yet.

However, I did sell or swap the stuff when she 1st launched that I received.

Because not only did it take forever to get the stuff, one of the lids was cracked and it leaked out all over everything and ruined the labels etc.....by then I was totally turned off.

The second time about a year (or year and 1/2 ago) my P.O. sent back x2 separate orders from her with No Explanation.

Totally Non-responsive on her end, and I had to involve PayPal to get my money back.

I said in U1B1, the cleansing conditioner for me, was basically meh. Middle of the road.

The prices are way too high for the performance.

You also have to use caution because a lot of them are only 6.5 ounces at an 8oz price, so you need to read what you are getting.

I have x2 more things I'm going to try: (Knots Going Bananas & the Honey Tomato DC'er), if these don't work for me, I'm skrait.:peace:

@Kindheart

It doesn't. I'm sorry.

It's not even on the 'map' for me with any of the lines I currently use.

HNH needs to continue to improve their products. They are not ready for "Prime-Time" and that's just my Honest Opinion.

There may be some "stars" in the line-up, but I haven't come across it yet.

However, I did sell or swap the stuff when she 1st launched that I received.

Because not only did it take forever to get the stuff, one of the lids was cracked and it leaked out all over everything and ruined the labels etc.....by then I was totally turned off.

The second time about a year (or year and 1/2 ago) my P.O. sent back x2 separate orders from her with No Explanation.

Totally Non-responsive on her end, and I had to involve PayPal to get my money back.

I said in U1B1, the cleansing conditioner for me, was basically meh. Middle of the road.

The prices are way too high for the performance.

You also have to use caution because a lot of them are only 6.5 ounces at an 8oz price, so you need to read what you are getting.

I have x2 more things I'm going to try: (Knots Going Bananas & the Honey Tomato DC'er), if these don't work for me, I'm skrait.:peace:
Oh wow thanks for that !sounds like a nightmare ..don't think I m going to waste any money on this line . . No communication,sub par quality products ,poor packaging and long shipping sound like a huuge turn off..smh

@Kindheart and @IDareT'sHair,
It was all one large order. It was missing the

1× Camu Camu Olive & Honey Caribbean Coconut DC Mask

1× MOWRAH MURUMURU

1× Pumpkin & Kokum Chocolate DC Mask

1× Blackberry Pumpkin Noni Fruit & Shea Moisture Mask

But I sent an email and got back a prompt response. It wasn't an oversight but a container issue. They're sending them out as soon as they can. I later found the invoice in the fold of the envelope as I was cutting it up, duh. :hammer:It had a note about the items being delayed but it only listed three of the four. I guess it's a good thing that I missed it because had I seen it and assumed that they were sending ALL my missing items, I may not have noticed until too late that their list didn't include the Camu Camu. Although they said that they were certain they had included it with my order, o_Othey're going to take my word and send me one with the other three items. I can't complain because a couple hours ago I would've sworn that there wasn't an invoice. So I guess the good news is whether they believe me or not, they're going to send me all of my items.

Of course I opened everything up after I received their reply. The fill levels are as I thought except for the Twist & Shout Blueberry Yogurt Moisturizing Styler. It's short about 15%. :(Most everything looks good and smells yummy.

I'm not too excited about the Coffee Caramel Brulee. It's brick hard and looks and smells like coffee scented raw yellow shea butter. I'm not sure why because shea is 8th on the ingredients list.o_O

INGREDIENTS:
Coffee Bean Butter, Cupuacu Butter, Illipie Butter, Mango Butter, Kukui Nut Butter, Sweet Almond Butter, Horsetail Butter, Shea Butter, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Cotton Seed Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Avocado Oil, Aloe Barbadensis and Apricot Seed Oil

It looks nothing like the stock pic or my previous jar which is off white/beige with a soft, creamy, and fluffy consistency with and a strong coffee/caramel scent. I still have some from my first jar purchased in August 2014 in my refrigerator and it's still good. It's also still soft and fluffy and still smells like a cross between a Starbucks caramel latte and a waffle sugar cone.

I so hate reformulations/ inconsistencies,:mad: if it ain't broke don't fix it. Anyway, I will give it a fair try, who knows it may turn out to be just as good as it's predecessor. *fingers crossed*

1× MOWRAH MURUMURU

1× Blackberry Pumpkin Noni Fruit & Shea Moisture Mask

But I sent an email and got back a prompt response. It wasn't an oversight but a container issue. They're sending them out as soon as they can. I later found the invoice in the fold of the envelope as I was cutting it up, duh. :hammer:It had a note about the items being delayed but it only listed three of the four. I guess it's a good thing that I missed it because had I seen it and assumed that they were sending ALL my missing items, I may not have noticed until too late that their list didn't include the Camu Camu. Although they said that they were certain they had included it with my order, o_Othey're going to take my word and send me one with the other three items. I can't complain because a couple hours ago I would've sworn that there wasn't an invoice. So I guess the good news is whether they believe me or not, they're going to send me all of my items.

Of course I opened everything up after I received their reply. The fill levels are as I thought except for the Twist & Shout Blueberry Yogurt Moisturizing Styler. It's short about 15%. :(Most everything looks good and smells yummy.

I'm not too excited about the Coffee Caramel Brulee. It's brick hard and looks and smells like coffee scented raw yellow shea butter. I'm not sure why because shea is 8th on the ingredients list.o_O

INGREDIENTS:
Coffee Bean Butter, Cupuacu Butter, Illipie Butter, Mango Butter, Kukui Nut Butter, Sweet Almond Butter, Horsetail Butter, Shea Butter, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Cotton Seed Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Avocado Oil, Aloe Barbadensis and Apricot Seed Oil

It looks nothing like the stock pic or my previous jar which is off white/beige with a soft, creamy, and fluffy consistency with and a strong coffee/caramel scent. I still have some from my first jar purchased in August 2014 in my refrigerator and it's still good. It's also still soft and fluffy and still smells like a cross between a Starbucks caramel latte and a waffle sugar cone.

I so hate reformulations/ inconsistencies,:mad: if it ain't broke don't fix it. Anyway, I will give it a fair try, who knows it may turn out to be just as good as it's predecessor. *fingers crossed*
Perhaps that coffee brûlée is hard because of the temperature outside ? When I get butters during winter months they always arrive rock hard and get softer once they get to room temperature

1× MOWRAH MURUMURU

I was looking at that DC. The ingredients looked really good, but the more I read about this line and their customer service, shipping and inconsistency issues, the more I am glad that I didn't bother. I hope everything works out for you!

Perhaps that coffee brûlée is hard because of the temperature outside ? When I get butters during winter months they always arrive rock hard and get softer once they get to room temperature

I forgot it sitting on my cable box for several hours yesterday, it's still rock hard. Meanwhile the older version that's been sitting in the back of my fridge for over a year is cold but still fluffy whipped and soft to the touch. They look and feel like two totally different produts. This jar just seems like coffee scented raw shea to me. It's really dense and a bit tacky to the touch inside the jar, however with a little bit of elbow grease it readily emulsifies into an oil that quickly and easily absorbs into the skin leaving behind a nice shine. I haven't tried it on my hair as yet but that's only because of a SheaMoisture JBCO fiasco that left my hair looking and feeling like coconut fiber. :angry2:

I did try the Chocolate Milk Moisturizer on my dry jacked up strands. It felt nice going on and kind of reminded me of Amazon Rain MuruMuru Moisture Milk in consistency. It did manage to soften the tumbleweeds enough for me to separate my hair down the middle into two side puffs. I don't think it's as good the MMM but it did a decent job of moisturizing my strands considering the state of my hair post SM JBCO. I'm not too keen on the scent though. It's weird. It smells like a chocolate/ floral mashup. Both smells are nice on their own but together they smell like a Valentine's gift gone awry. However as the day wears on it is beginning to grow on me a bit as both competing scents seemed to have harmonized on my hair.

I haven't tried anything else yet but the other scents seem pretty straight forward.

I was looking at that DC. The ingredients looked really good, but the more I read about this line and their customer service, shipping and inconsistency issues, the more I am glad that I didn't bother. I hope everything works out for you!
Thanks. But I have to admit that I haven't yet come across a product from this company that my hair hasn't liked. I've never had any issues with them that couldn't be resolved with a courteous email here or there and I've received prompt responses to both emails and general questions posted on their Fb page. Sometimes the shipping takes a while but I've waited longer for other companies.
Right now my biggest issue with HHM is the same problem that I have with many of the natural hair care companies that I patronize, and that's product inconsistency. It's not that the products are bad or don't work, it's just that once I've experienced product perfection I really don't want to see or hear a damn thing about "New & Improved" or the "variations due to natural raw ingredients" spiel. There are going to be product variations that comes with using natural ingredients, I know, that's a given. But there are variations and then there are stark differences like Jackson5 Michael versus Invincible tour Michael, TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!! Sometimes I can see and feel the difference but my hair is non the wiser. Then other times even when I can't tell that there has been an ingredient change my hair totally rejects the new formulation.:handslap: Luckily that hasn't happened yet with this company so I really hope that I didn't just jinx myself. :D *fingers still crossed on the Coffee Caramel Brulee*

Oh wow thanks for that !sounds like a nightmare ..don't think I m going to waste any money on this line . . No communication,sub par quality products ,poor packaging and long shipping sound like a huuge turn off..smh

@Kindheart
The Packaging issues have been resolved. That was when she first launched. Everything now is shrink wrapped and sealed.

I see now she is offering B1G1 Free on the "Knots Going Bananas" Imma make a Mock-Cart (for research purposes), because I thought FREE Shipping was for the entire month of January?

So lemme go see what's up.

I wish I would have used "Knots Going Bananas" this a.m. instead of NG's Banana Pre-Poo to see if I like it enough to get in on this deal.

I see now she is offering B1G1 Free on the "Knots Going Bananas" Imma make a Mock-Cart (for research purposes), because I thought FREE Shipping was for the entire month of January?

So lemme go see what's up.

I wish I would have used "Knots Going Bananas" this a.m. instead of NG's Banana Pre-Poo to see if I like it enough to get in on this deal.
Good news about the packaging! I ve seen a review about the knots going bananas and apparently it's a whole bunch of oils and butters together ,no detangling ingredients ?

I ve seen a review about the knots going bananas and apparently it's a whole bunch of oils and butters together ,no detangling ingredients ?

@Kindheart
My plan is to use it as a prior to washing. Like an Oil Soak under a Plastic cap. And maybe with Heat like a HOT

Since it's a bunch of Oils & Butta's I may also try it as a L-I.

Didn't really think of it as a Detangler. Lemme see if I can find that review.

Thank you.

@Kindheart
My plan is to use it as a prior to washing. Like an Oil Soak under a Plastic cap. And maybe with Heat like a HOT

Since it's a bunch of Oils & Butta's I may also try it as a L-I.

Didn't really think of it as a Detangler. Lemme see if I can find that review.

Thank you.
I agree ,I would use it as a pre-poo /leave in/sealant too ,I can't wait for you to try it :grin:

@Kindheart

I watched several reviews. Some of them were old when the Product came in a Jar.

It's in a bottle now, so I'm sure there has been some kind of reformulations.

Yeah, Shay72 uses "Knots in my Fro Joe" and she likes it a lot, so I'm sure this one will be decent.

@Kindheart
My Honey & Tomato DC'er is Out For Delivery. It's only 6.5oz's.:ohwell:

Plan to use this as a Pre-Poo as well.

As a Pre-Poo you really can't mess up anything too bad, because it's 1st in the Line-Up.

Lawd it's got to be pretty durn horrible, for a Pre-Poo Rx to throw off your entire Wash Regimen.:laugh:

@Kindheart
My Honey & Tomato DC'er is Out For Delivery. It's only 6.5oz's.:ohwell:

Plan to use this as a Pre-Poo as well.

As a Pre-Poo you really can't mess up anything too bad, because it's 1st in the Line-Up.

Lawd it's got to be pretty durn horrible, for a Pre-Poo Rx to throw off your entire Wash Regimen.:laugh:
:lol: true ! If it does you gonna have to totally give up on this line !

Back