Happy Nappiversary to Me!

Beautiful.

I have a gazillion questions?

If you co-wash daily, how do you combat shrinkage? I pick or comb my hair after washing otherwise it's all tangled up. How do you prevent tangles?
Do you twist-out daily? What do you use for sheen?
Do you trim?

Happy nappiversary!!! Your hair is beautiful and you've had some amazing retention. congrats! :)

Tres Belle Cherie!! I love the frowhawk-ish style in the last pic. It's grown a lot.

I was just randomly thinking about you too while I was reading kimmay gate #....

LOL, thanks! I didn't know who Kimmay was and I had to go look, LOL! I didn't read many of the posts in that thread but her hair is nice!

your hair is beautiful, and your smile is gorgeous!

Aww...... thanks! *huge smile*

Wow its been a year? I remember when you first BC'd. Congrats girlie! Your hair has come a long way :) Awesome progress!

Thanks! I am so happy I hung on. The pics actually helped me from not going to the salon and getting a relaxer.

aaaww Congrats Lucie! Your hair looks great! I still remember when you BCed. How is your family member dealing with her nautral hair? I know you went natural because of her.

Well, my niece has a relaxer. I dunno why my SIL felt the need to give her one. She is 13 and all she does is a slicked side ponytail. :ohwell:

Happy Nappiversary Lucie :)

Thanks lovie!

Great progress and your hair is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Happy anniversary to a beautiful woman with beautiful hair...!!!

Aww........ thank you!!!

Happy Nappiversary! :afro:

LOL @ your smiley! Hahaha! That looks like me!

Happy Nappiversary! You did a great job.

Thanks girl!

I remember lurking and reading your post about being unable to put the scissors down after another thought of washing/rollersetting the hair! Good job Girl! BEAUTIFUL natural hair and you look so gorgeous!

LOL, OMG! Hahaha, I did have a scissor problem. I would have probably been WL if I didn't keep finding a stray hair and then end up giving myself layers. I remember one day at work a few co-workers remarked that my hair looked shorter then when I first started that morning. I was so embarrassed and tried to play it off like, huh? But I was caught! :look: Thanks!

Great growth Lucie!! :grin:

Thanks lovie!

Happy Nappiversary, awesome progress!

Thank you!!!

Beautiful!! :clap:

Congratulations!

Thanks lady!

Lucie your hair is so amazing. You were my inspiration as a relaxed head and definitely as a natural now that I'm transitioning.

Aww..... thanks! How long have you been transitioning for? The first time I BCed I transitioned for 14 weeks and ended up shaving it all off anyway. :lachen:

Great progress and Happy Nappiverary!

Thanks Janda!

Good job growing! And cheers to a new year of growing!

Thank you so much!!

You look beautiful Lucie! Congratulations! :)

Aww..... thanks!

Very pretty hair. I like the idea of the collage. What a great way to display your journey!

Thank you. I do my vision boards on Oprah's website so I figured to simplify the pics I'd just put them all together. :yep:

Congrats!!! you have a beautiful head of hair and a beautiful smile!

Aww.......... thanks! Look at your progress wow! You and your hair are gorgeous!

Congrats! Whatever you are doing, it's working because your hair is beautiful!!!

Thanks, LOL! I feel sorta bad when people ask me for my regimen because I don't have anything to tell 'em. And when I do tell 'em they look at me like, "YEAH RIGHT!" :ohwell:

KISS works! I love your fluffy hair. Contracts on your progress.

Thanks! I love to KISS!

Happy Nappiversary Lucie!! We are one week apart in our journeys I bc'd FEB.11. Keep up the good work, you and your hair are BEAUTIFUL!

Yay! We are BC sisters! Your hair looks great!

Congrats! Your hair is beautiful!

Thanks!

Congratulations Lucie :hug2:

You and your hair are gorgeous!! You have big beautiful, fluffly curls!!

Thank you so much! :grin:

Beautiful.

I have a gazillion questions?

If you co-wash daily, how do you combat shrinkage? I pick or comb my hair after washing otherwise it's all tangled up. How do you prevent tangles?
Do you twist-out daily? What do you use for sheen?
Do you trim?

I don't comb my hair often AT ALL! Like every month or every other month. :grin: I think my showerhead is pretty strong. My husband got us some water filter thingy. Who knows? Maybe that's it. LOL! I finger comb sometimes in the shower. Perhaps that helps with the tangles. I don't comb my hair. I only braid my hair or do twist outs to cut my ends. I just use a leave in. Up until last month I was using Hollywood Carrot Cream. It's like $4. Every time I rinse out the conditioner in my hair, I'd apply it while in the shower.

Beautiful Lucie! You've made incredible progress in a year :yep:

Thanks so much!

Happy nappiversary!!! Your hair is beautiful and you've had some amazing retention. congrats! :)

Thank you! :grin:

Your progress is really amazing, you have a good amount of retention for a year. Cheve yo bel anpil.

Your progress is really amazing, you have a good amount of retention for a year. Cheve yo bel anpil.

Merci cherie! :grin:

Happy Nappiversary!!! Lovely progress!!

Thank you so much!

Happy Nappiversary!! :D (YAY!!!)

Thanks lovie!

Cute cute cute all around. Cute girl, cute hair! Great progress. **claps**

Aww........ thank you!

Wow! You hair is beautiful! :)

Thank you so much!

Cheveux ou belle cherie, nice progress! :wave: i'm glad KISS works for you so soon....it took me years to find a regimen for myself lol

Cheveux ou belle cherie, nice progress! :wave: i'm glad KISS works for you so soon....it took me years to find a regimen for myself lol

Merci shoushou.

Happy Nappiversary! Beautiful progress...WOW!

Thanks lovie!

Where can I find this carrot cream? And how do you combat shrinkage???

I get it at the BSS. I don't do anything about shrinkage, LOL! I don't really care about it.

you are a gorgeous woman!

Aww........ thanks so much lovie!

beautiful!

Thank you Kewlkat103! :grin:

Happy Anniversary Lucie. You know that hair is amazing. I cannot wait to see next year. \
Ladies, in person its big and beautiful.

Happy Anniversary Lucie. You know that hair is amazing. I cannot wait to see next year. \
Ladies, in person its big and beautiful.

Thanks Tamrin! xoxo
I am about to go try that headband you got me again. Let's see if my 'fro rejects it again. :blush: :lachen:

I love your "non-regimen"...I'm glad I'm not the only lazy natural...and you hair is so beautiful! Such inspiration

Back