Happy Mother's Day!

Nice & Wavy

Mother of the Year
"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her."
Proverbs 31:28 (NIV)

I long to be a godly wife and mother, but my efforts to become this "ideal" woman stated in Proverbs can leave me grieved and depressed.

I felt especially defeated the year my youngest son started kindergarten. In Tennessee , kindergarteners follow a scattered schedule the first two weeks of school where half of the class attends one day and the rest comes the following day. It helps them adjust. For me it brought confusion.

On Tuesday, I took my son to school, kissed him good-bye, and headed home to work.

I was busy at the computer when the telephone interrupted my pace. "Hello?"

"Mrs. Campbell, this is Parker's teacher. I was wondering who would be picking him up from school today."

Stunned that I had forgotten my child, I jumped in the car and raced to the school. He stood on the sidewalk holding his teacher's hand with tears in his eyes and REJECTION stamped across his heart. I took him home, apologized profusely, and made his favorite meal for dinner. I felt like the worst mother ever.

Thursday, we returned to school. All was going well until I was, once again, interrupted by the phone. I had forgotten to pick up my child not once, but twice in the same week!
I sped to school on two wheels. This time he was standing with the room mother, who was obviously a true Proverbs 31 Woman. As she helped him buckle his seatbelt, I tried explaining myself.

"You're not going to believe this, but I did the same thing earlier this week."

"Yeah, I know." She replied bluntly.

I felt I'd been labeled a "bad mother," and I felt like a complete failure.

Later that same year, God encouraged me as a mother when ParentLife magazine named me one of eight "Mothers of the Year!" Parker's reaction to this surprising news was, "If they lived with us for a while, they'd probably reconsider."

Those were my thoughts exactly. In fact, I asked my husband how I could be given such a great and undeserving honor. With wisdom, he shared that maybe it was God's way of saying I'm doing better than I think.

His wisdom helped me put things into perspective. God never said I had to be perfect. That was my expectation. He never said that I wouldn't make mistakes or a wrong decision every now and then. Again, that was my hope. I had assumed that the Proverbs 31 lady did everything right and I was suppose to as well. The problem was, with all her great accomplishments, I never considered her "not so good" side.

Sometimes I let the bad out weigh the good. Perhaps the "Mother of the Year" award was God's way of saying, "Hang in there. You're doing better than you think, and I'm not the only one who notices."

Despite my many mistakes, perhaps my children will some day arise and call me blessed.

The next time you need encouragement, let God whisper to your heart: "I hear when you pray for your children, and I'm there when you teach them about who I am. I watch you love, care, and sacrifice for them. You're not perfect, but hang in there. You're doing better than you think."

Dear Lord, help me to be the mother my children deserve. Encourage my heart when I feel like a failure. Erase my errors from the hearts and minds of my children. Instead, help them to see Jesus in me, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

Love it, Love it, Love It! Right on time for me today because yesterday I felt like the worst mother in the world when I came home tired and I had promised my son the day before to play video games with him. He felt I let him down, but he had fallen asleep and I did not want to wake him.
Children don't understand the why and the hows of a tired mothers body. One day they may come to understand when they have children of their own, however I am my own worst enemy in this area because I tend to compare myself to other women that I think are fantastic moms. One thing is that God knows when we try our best and he reaches his hand out to us when we fall to pick us up to start over:yep:

Mother of the Year

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her."

Proverbs 31:28 (NIV)

I long to be a godly wife and mother, but my efforts to become this "ideal" woman stated in Proverbs can leave me grieved and depressed.

I felt especially defeated the year my youngest son started kindergarten. In Tennessee , kindergarteners follow a scattered schedule the first two weeks of school where half of the class attends one day and the rest comes the following day. It helps them adjust. For me it brought confusion.

On Tuesday, I took my son to school, kissed him good-bye, and headed home to work.
I was busy at the computer when the telephone interrupted my pace. "Hello?"

"Mrs. Campbell, this is Parker's teacher. I was wondering who would be picking him up from school today."

Stunned that I had forgotten my child, I jumped in the car and raced to the school. He stood on the sidewalk holding his teacher's hand with tears in his eyes and REJECTION stamped across his heart. I took him home, apologized profusely, and made his favorite meal for dinner. I felt like the worst mother ever.
Thursday, we returned to school. All was going well until I was, once again, interrupted by the phone. I had forgotten to pick up my child not once, but twice in the same week!
I sped to school on two wheels. This time he was standing with the room mother, who was obviously a true Proverbs 31 Woman. As she helped him buckle his seatbelt, I tried explaining myself.

"You're not going to believe this, but I did the same thing earlier this week."

"Yeah, I know." She replied bluntly.

I felt I'd been labeled a "bad mother," and I felt like a complete failure.

Later that same year, God encouraged me as a mother when ParentLife magazine named me one of eight "Mothers of the Year!" Parker's reaction to this surprising news was, "If they lived with us for a while, they'd probably reconsider."

Those were my thoughts exactly. In fact, I asked my husband how I could be given such a great and undeserving honor. With wisdom, he shared that maybe it was God's way of saying I'm doing better than I think.

His wisdom helped me put things into perspective. God never said I had to be perfect. That was my expectation. He never said that I wouldn't make mistakes or a wrong decision every now and then. Again, that was my hope. I had assumed that the Proverbs 31 lady did everything right and I was suppose to as well. The problem was, with all her great accomplishments, I never considered her "not so good" side.
Sometimes I let the bad out weigh the good. Perhaps the "Mother of the Year" award was God's way of saying, "Hang in there. You're doing better than you think, and I'm not the only one who notices."

Despite my many mistakes, perhaps my children will some day arise and call me blessed.

The next time you need encouragement, let God whisper to your heart: "I hear when you pray for your children, and I'm there when you teach them about who I am. I watch you love, care, and sacrifice for them. You're not perfect, but hang in there. You're doing better than you think."
Dear Lord, help me to be the mother my children deserve. Encourage my heart when I feel like a failure. Erase my errors from the hearts and minds of my children. Instead, help them to see Jesus in me, in Jesus' Name, Amen.[/quote]

Amen!!!!!!!!!!! ............a beautiful prayer:yep:...thanks Nice&Wavy

Thank you Nice and Wavy for recognizing Mothers!! :)
May I post this poem too? Not hijacking..... but to complement in the spirit of honoring Mother's Day?...I learned this poem when I was 10 :look:

......it's timeless

Only One Mother – A Poem

Only One Mother
Hundreds of stars in the pretty sky,​
Hundreds of shells on the shore together,​
Hundreds of birds that go singing by,​
Hundreds of lambs in the sunny weather.​
Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,​
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,​
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,​
But only one mother the wide world over.​

Thank you ladies....I'm so happy that you were blessed.

I couldn't get online over the weekend and I so wanted to post this for Mother's Day. I hope you all still get blessed from it:

The young mother set her foot on the path of life.

"Is this the long way?" she asked.

And the guide said "Yes, and the way is hard. And

you will be old before you reach the end of it. But

the end will be better than the beginning."

But the young mother was happy, and she would not

believe that anything could be better than

these years.

So she played with her children, she fed them and

bathed them, and taught them how to tie their

shoes and ride a bike and reminded them to feed

the dog and do their homework

and brush their teeth.

The sun shone on them, and the young Mother

cried, "Nothing will ever be lovelier than this."

Then the nights came, and the storms, and the

path was sometimes dark, and the children shook

with fear and cold, and the mother drew them

close and covered them with her arms, and the

children said, "Mother, we are not afraid, for you

are near, and no harm can come."

And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead,

and the children climbed and grew weary, and the

mother was weary. But at all times she said to the

children, "A little patience and we are there."

So the children climbed, and as they climbed they

learned to weather the storms. And with this, she

gave them strength to face the world. Year after

year, she showed them compassion, understanding,

hope, but most of all unconditional love.

And when they reached the top they said, "Mother,

we would not have done it without you."

The days went on, and the weeks and the months

and the years, and the mother grew old and she

became little and bent. But her children were tall

and strong, and walked with courage. And the

mother, when she lay down at night, looked up at

the stars and said, "This is a better day than the

last, for my children have learned so much and are

now passing these traits on to their children."

And when the way became rough for her, they

lifted her, and gave her their strength, just as she

had given them hers. One day they came to a hill,

and beyond the hill, they could see a shining road

and golden gates flung wide.

And mother said: "I have reached the end of my

journey. And now I know the end is better than the

beginning, for my children can walk with dignity

and pride, with their heads held high, and so can

their children after them."

And the children said, "You will always walk with

us, Mother, even when you have gone

through the gates."

And they stood and watched her as she went on

alone, and the gates closed after her. And they

said: "We cannot see her, but she is with us still.

A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She is

a living presence."

Your Mother is always with you. She's the whisper

of the leaves as you walk down the street, she's

the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers

you pick and perfume that she wore, she's the cool

hand on your brow when you're not feeling well,

she's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day.

She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to

sleep, the colors of a rainbow, she is

Christmas morning.

Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's

crystallized in every tear drop. A mother shows

every emotion.......... happiness, sadness, fear,

jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness,

excitement, joy, sorrow..... and all the while,

hoping and praying you will only know the good

feelings in life. She's the place you came from,

your first home, and she's the map you follow with

every step you take. She's your first love, your