Happy 25th Birthday to Me...Started with a change!

DDHair

I had been contemplating cutting the 2-4 inches of hair that I had remaining at the top of my head that was permed. So as a growing up birthday present to myself, I decided to do my own big chop at about 3 AM. I just did it, I wasn't scared at all, no I don't like it yet, but I think I will learn to like it in a couple of weeks. I'll stick my afro puff up there on my about 7-8 inches of stretched natural hair. I am excited because I am ready for it to grow, grow, grow or just look different, because now it's still a little rough, the curls or coils are not looking exactly like I thought they would be, could it be I waited too late to cut and held on to the permed ends too long? My dad doesn't like it, but instead of taking it out on me, he has been making comments for a few months about another young lady at my church who has gone natural (whose hair is gorgeous and looks longer than mine, despite the fact that I transitioned for a year and almost 3 months and she did the big chop in June or July with very little transitioning I think), plus my wearing wigs has a lot to do with his making very little negative comments about my hair ( I usually don't wear my own hair out). It's funny because my friend's boyfriend (who is also a longtime friend of mine) was taking his anxiety on her hair I think, out on me, by talking rudely about my hair, well that's okay because we sisters who are natural or transitioning know what we are doing.
Well I am a big girl now and this chop will be an event I will always remember, especially because it is my 25th birthday! Happy Birthday to ME!!! Things will definitely be different for me this year, age, life, relationships, career, and most importantly to this site, HAIR!.
party2.gif
birthday2.gif
dance7.gif
king.gif
party.gif

Happy Birthday and Congratulations! It's wonderful to free yourself from the constraints others and liberating to free yourself of your own. May you have a wonderful year loving your hair and yourself!!!
birthday2.gif

Happy B day DD
party.gif
! You have guts because I do not trust myself around my hair...and sharp objects!

Back