Handtied wefts

HauteHippie

Okay, so I like to use a specific type of handtied weft weave (it's really thin). The hair never sheds and I just like it. My main concern is finding someone who really knows how to sew the weave in and won't cut the hair (which will absolutely ruin it).
I always thought that a very small needle and thin thread was needed, but the stylist who is going to do my hair this weekend said he can use a regular needle. It seems like the needle would be to big for the thin weft. Can a regular needle be used?

Hello,

I use hand-tied micro-thin wefts. I have been using them about 3-4 years. My weave master uses regular hair weaving thread which is not thin and she also uses a curved hair weaving needle which is not considered thin. The needle never goes THRU the wefts. The needle goes AROUND the wefts in order not to pierce and/or damage the wefts.

I hope I was helpful.

Oh and yes, She never ever cuts the wefts. I would kill her (lol) if she killed my wefts. She folds them over!

Last edited:
Thank you SOOOO much! The last lady who did my hair cut my wefts and I wasn't paying attention. I thought she was cutting the thread! I cried as my full sew in pretty much shed out. I just had cornrows with some scraggles of hair hanging. So, I really don't want anything to happen to the new packs. Thank you a million times over!

Back