Hands in Hair Disease Temporarily cured!!

EbonyEyes

Hi guys!!

As many of you know, I wear my hair in twists 99% of the time. But I have this bad habit at pulling at my twists to see how long my hair is. I know this isn't good for my ends. And it just feeds into my "impatient with hair growth" problem.

So I went through some possible options that will keep my hands out of my hair:

1. Braid Extensions ~ I turned this one down for a couple reasons. The first reason is synthetic hair drys out my natural hair and human hair is too expensive for my college budget. The second reason is braiders more often than not will want me to blow dry my hair out which I will not do because I'm not using heat. The third reason is braiding with extensions is way too expensive in my area!!

2. Put my twists in a bun ~ This would have been wonderful. However, the front is not yet long enough!! I'm guessing that it will take another 18 months before I can put my twists in a bun without stretching the life out of my hair!

3. Wig ~ I entertained the idea for about 5 minutes before I said 'No.'

But I've finally found my temporary solution to my hair in hair disease!! I bought these 60in x 10in satin hair wraps from the BSS. I got them in all different colors. Every morning I will put my twists in the satin wrap and tie it into a bun.

And that solves my problem! I will only see my twists and hair for daily moisturizing, twist outs, and wash day. Other than that, it will stay in these wraps until my twists are long enough so that I can put them in a bun.

I know I will get bored with it but it's the only solution I see for my problem as of right now. Besides, I've been wearing my wraps for a couple days with my hoop earrings and I've been looking hot!!
cool.gif

What do you think?

Thanks,

Ebony

That sounds great Ebony. I am looking for a hair distraction and am not interested in getting it braided for the reasons you've mentioned, blow drying, bad synthetic hair and costs. My dad actually offered to pay to get my hair braided this weekend and in my impudence I declined, but all this morning I'm wondering if I was too hasty in my decision and maybe I should reconsider. There is a place in DC *Natural Shapes* that will braid your hair damp and not blow it out, but they are expensive. I moreso declined because I felt he was offering this because he is taking offense to my own short natural hair. I dunno
ohwell.gif

Ahhh, I don't think that will work Ebony,
nono.gif
You might find yourself sticking your hands up under the wrap and pulling out a twist
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
... Than again, you might not be a hopeless case like myself and many others. Good luck anyway girl.

I used to rock wraps, I think they're cute, of couse you gotta have the big hoops!! I ve been suffering from hand in hair disease too, real bad. I decided I'm going to get braid extensions again, with curly synthetic hair. I was debating between human and synthetic but synthetic will hold up better through washings. My sis will be doing them and she always treats my hair well.

Back