Half head extensions

edrushuk

Hi ya,

I am thinking of putting in twist/braid extension in just the front half of my head. I have a round face and think of side parting jar length bob would suit me. Also it would double up as protection for the front. I could continue, to wash and twist the back as normal or just put it into a protected bun.

Also, would it look better if i had a layer or 2 going down the back or leave it just in the front?

Has anyone done anything similar? Do you have photo! How did it go?

Thanks

Susanna

:hiya2:edrushuk...I must say I'm not familiar with the style you're speaking of. It's been my experience that folks do the opposite (leave the top out and put extensions in the back) You may want to investigate putting tracks in the back as well (i.e., a full head weave) because if you have them in the front/top and none in the back, the style might be a little "see-thru" where there are no tracks because all the bulk is in the top of your head, KWIM?

Thoughts?

hello, thanks for your interest! Maybe it would help if i said my own hair is about 6 inches ( curls up to about 3inches), natural 4b. I want to looking to put in kinky twist extensions.

Guapa1
The image i have in my head, is from the front and the side, it would just look like jaw length kinky twists. I would like to have the option to have a slight bump (curve) on the edge. Towards the back it would be like a graduated twists bob, with some of it, being extension, blending into my own twists as you get towards the bottom!

I can't find any photos as well!!

Luvmylife
I don't want weaves, i don't like the way they feel and like to have the option to be able to part where i want to. What I want to achieve is some length in the front to make it look more feminine, and to shape my face. I like it being short in the back.

I hope this helps a bit.

Susannax

Just a thought - usually a round face shape is emphasized by anything that directly frames the face, and jaw length bob is going to accentuate it if anything. It's up to you whether that's what you want or not. I think that something alittle longer would suit you better - just because anything that ends around the cheekbone or jawline is going to reinforce the roundness. Again - I've never seen you, so I don't know, but this is just something to think about while you're choosing your style.

Back