HAIRZINGS Rant!!!!!! Go Ahead...Buy the CHEAPOS!!!

Lucky's Mom

OK.... I scrimped and saved to buy HairZings... Because the site states that we should not "fall for imitations..These are "handmade"...yada yada.....

Well, I purchased 2 mediums, 2 larges, and 2 for my mom ( yes - I spent som cash)

After 3 USES........................ The stones began popping off...The elastic thread began hanging....:rolleyes::rolleyes: My two Bun Style is now in Limbo.... again.

Needless to say - I don't need Hair Products Popping and killing my style....in PUBLIC!!!

They will never get my money again. I called the company - and got Voicemail.... Not surprizing.

Might as well buy the Chinese Cheapos ( Because - as the package states...these are Chinese too...:rolleyes:)

Don't waste your money girls.... Get the Cheeepies... and get as many as you want...
Sorta like Turbie Towels!!!

Hugs!!!

Hi there Lady!!!!

Flex8?????:look: Do Tell!!!!

:naughty:Don't tell me you don't know about flexi8??!!

It's an understandment to say I love this product. I wear them almost daily. I have never had one break. The gold ones I first bought did tarnish but the gold ones I bought last Spring is still the same color as when purchased. I love this product.

:naughty:Don't tell me you don't know about flexi8??!!

It's an understandment to say I love this product. I wear them almost daily. I have never had one break. The gold ones I first bought did tarnish but the gold ones I bought last Spring is still the same color as when purchased. I love this product.

OMG.... Well. that is it...

HairZings are the PAST.....
Thanks Natchez lady....

Can we have lunch??????

Oh wow, i though it was just me! I'm so glad you posted this as I've had the strings and beads pop off of 3 of them. I didn't read of anyone else complaining so I just thought it was my error in the way of I was putting it on or something. I was using them with kinky twists at the time.
I called the company as it stated if you have problems within 30 days you can get a refund or exchange (something like that), but I never received a response. That was with one from my first order. I've made one order since so I have about 5 or 6 of them. One of the combs in my second order had beads pop off as well, ugh! I love the look, but I don't use as much anymore because I'm scared more beads will pop off or the little silver logo that comes on it will get caught in my hair.

BTW I'm been using them on my natural hair in twists mainly since the first incident, and I don't have thick hair either. Apparently the kinky twists were not the problem.

I am more excited to meet you than doing research....:look:

Don't tell my professor!!!!!:giggle:
I will PM you

Me to. I was telling Dh about your thread and he was :nono:. he thinks we're crazy.:lachen:

My only concern about buying these was that the combs would pull and tear my hair. I mentioned that to the Hairzing member when she pmed me and she assured me it wouldn't. I never order because of that concern.

Oh wow, i though it was just me! I'm so glad you posted this as I've had the strings and beads pop off of 3 of them. I didn't read of anyone else complaining so I just thought it was my error in the way of I was putting it on or something. I was using them with kinky twists at the time.
I called the company as it stated if you have problems within 30 days you can get a refund or exchange (something like that), but I never received a response. That was with one from my first order. I've made one order since so I have about 5 or 6 of them. One of the combs in my second order had beads pop off as well, ugh! I love the look, but I don't use as much anymore because I'm scared more beads will pop off or the little silver logo that comes on it will get caught in my hair.

BTW I'm been using them on my natural hair in twists mainly since the first incident, and I don't have thick hair either. Apparently the kinky twists were not the problem.

NOPE. That Tag snags big time. I will have my hubby cut it off with wire cutters.
I have pics some where...

In my experience with the cheap ones, the metal combs don't pull/snag/tear my hair, the beads do! My hair gets snagged in between the beads, and that causes damage.

Plus I cannot fit all of this hair into those things. Even using 2, it's hard to fit all these napps in. So I never use them anymore. I'm glad I didnt' spend the big money for the expensive ones.

In my experience with the cheap ones, the metal combs don't pull/snag/tear my hair, the beads do! My hair gets snagged in between the beads, and that causes damage.

Plus I cannot fit all of this hair into those things. Even using 2, it's hard to fit all these napps in. So I never use them anymore. I'm glad I didnt' spend the big money for the expensive ones.
I am pretty Crafty. I may be makin' my own.

Me to. I was telling Dh about your thread and he was :nono:. he thinks we're crazy.:lachen:

My only concern about buying these was that the combs would pull and tear my hair. I mentioned that to the Hairzing member when she pmed me and she assured me it wouldn't. I never order because of that concern.

I think the Flex8 may be the way to go...
I was trying to eliminate Hairpins....

I think the Flex8 may be the way to go...
I was trying to eliminate Hairpins....

I haven't had any hair breakage with these. I really just can't say enough about them. THE ONLY NEGATIVE THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS PRODUCT IS THAT IT DOESN'T COME IN A LARGER SIZE.

My beads popped off but that was my fault. I would just throw it in a bin and it would get tangled. Other than that i never had probs. I have to order another one.....but that qvc 2 for 12 deal sounds better

Where can you get the cheap ones?

Link please or store?

Nevermind, off to check out QVC. What do they call them on that site?

Editing to add: They are called hair huggers on QVC and are selling 2 for 18.00 plus 3.99 shipping and an additional 4.00 off for each additional set as well as discounted shipping for more.

Last edited:
I have the cheapos, and I like 'em. :yep: I wear them daily. I got 2 for $9.98. With shipping, I think I paid $14 or $15.

Initially, I was worried about the elastic. It didn't seem as though it would fit over my twists, but it did, and the only time I experience a problem is when I'm rushing to take the combs out. It snags on my hair when I do that. Besides that, I have no problem with them.

I have the cheapos, and I like 'em. :yep: I wear them daily. I got 2 for $9.98. With shipping, I think I paid $14 or $15.

Initially, I was worried about the elastic. It didn't seem as though it would fit over my twists, but it did, and the only time I experience a problem is when I'm rushing to take the combs out. It snags on my hair when I do that. Besides that, I have no problem with them.

thanks for the info.... After looking at your lovely locks - I am all over going downtown....

Back