HAIRVEDA: Amala Shampoo/SitriNillah

AngieK

I just experienced my first two products from Hairveda!!
(Hairveda.com)

After reading about the elicit affair tootrendy19's hair has been having with the Hairveda products (check out her blog), I decided to whip out my products to try (don't know why I was waiting).

I started by washing my hair with the Amala Shampoo with Shikakai Extract. Though it was described as deep cleansing/clarifying on the website, I found it to be a gentle (yet highly effective) low sudsing shampoo - this didn't strip at all. I was put off initially due to the very liquid consistency - however, as with many things, looks can be deceiving. Though it was more of a liquid, it did and excellent job of cleansing my hair. To make sure that I didn't use too much, I applied it mostly to my scalp and then worked the suds down the length of my hair. I did the typical lather-rinse-repeat (out of habit). During my second lather, I let the product sit for a few minutes (maybe 3 - 5 mins) so the special ingredients would have some time to penetrate. Then I then did a final rinse. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I really didn't have to use that much of the product for it to do its job. It rinsed really well and left my hair and scalp feeling both clean and moisturized. To top it off, it had a really nice scent.

I followed with the SitriNillah Deep Conditioning Masque. This is a thick masque that has the consistency of a balm. The scent is phenomenal - like an orange creamsicle. I applied it by first emulsfying it in my hand and then applying it to my hair (this helps me to use less product). Again, I really didn't have to use a lot. I used it according to the instructions on the jar. After combing it through, I covered my hair with a plastic cap and left it on for 1 hour (I didn't use heat). By the time I removed the cap, The masque had thoroughly penetrated the strands of my hair. I rinsed thoroughly with warm water followed by a cool water rinse. The product rinsed clean without any weird coatings, stickiness or other residue.

I towel blotted my hair to remove the excess water. My hair was so SOFT. Technically, I can't comment on the detangling process because there weren't any tangles!! The comb glided through my hair and there were no broken hairs in my comb. My hair was thoroughly conditioned with excellent integrity (not limp). I applied my regular Kiehl's Leave-in Conditioner and a little coconut oil and let it air dry.

Now that my hair has dried, it looks great. It is soft, shiny, moisturized, and did I mention that it is SOFT?? Like Supergirl described, I can't keep my hands out of my hair! My husband liked my hair so much that he asked to use it!! He has 3b/c hair and his curls and waves really responded positively - his hair is moisturized, soft and very silky. Additionally, the curls/waves are much curlier/wavier than usual.

I LOVE the results of these two products and I am making them both a staple in my regimen.

AngieK

What a great review and I love this:

My hair was thoroughly conditioned with excellent integrity (not limp).
You said it perfectly! I didn't know how to describe it. I kept thinking al dente, but that's what people say about pasta :lol:

So glad you liked the SitriNillah. Let's keep her in business so she NEVER EVER EVER stops making it. :D

I just love Hairveda testimonials, especially because I know how fabulous the products are!!! Thanks for such a great review!!!

um

stop raving about products i'm trying to avoid buying so i can save some money!

haha.

i'm sure i'm going to end up getting this...there've been a lot of great reviews on it lately.

i've been eyeing the hairveda stuff for a minute...and i've successfully ignored the itch...dont know if i can do it anymore.

I really like the Sitrinilla Condish! It seemed to actually make my curls pop more too. The Sitrinilla is my fave product thus far.

Wow, I just ordered the StriNillah, amongst other products lol, last Friday. BJ said she had ran out of ingredients so i cant wait until my order is shipped to try it. I am definitely in need of a good moisturizing conditioner.

did i mention i have to get this conditioner?....also please try her green tea hair butter, i love it when i wear my hair straight. it keeps my ends from breaking.

Back