hairlove gets a mini chop!

inthepink

I did! And I'm happy about it. While in town visiting my family, I decided to see my old stylist who did my hair for about 3 years when it was long AND healthy! I knew he would tell me the truth and he did. I got about 4.5 - 5 inches trimmed or shall I say "cut" from my hair. I knew I needed at least 3. It's a little shorter than I originally thought but I am ok with it.

I am about half an inch or so from bra stap length. Yep...a lot is gone. But, my hair is all even, thick, and VERY healthy-looking even with the shorter pieces that are growing.

This mini chop will definitely help with my tangles and I think my styles - braidouts and ponytails and buns - will "look" so much better. My hair is even all the way around. I love it.

I am now going to let it grow. Since I know so much about haircare now...I know that I can let it grow without getting split ends and hold on to the evenness. I will re-evaluated my ends in April and go for a trim then if needed.

Whew...I knew it had to be done and now it's over. Just waiting for my mom to come home and kill me b/c she told me not to cut any of it...

That's what I need to do. I can't remember the last trim I've had.
blush.gif
I will probably get one on the 1st of the year.

I'm glad you received the help you were seeking. Did he suggest how often you should get your ends trimmed? Any pictures coming out soon?

Let your mom know you'll have the same length back (and fuller) in no time.
smile.gif

Enjoy!

Woah!!! Im happy if your happy, especially if cutting it makes it easier for you to manage your hair. Im proud of you hairlove, you are faithfully sticking to your plan of going natural. Definitely an inspiration for when I attempt that route again.

I did misjudge a bit. I am right at bra strap length. I'm glad to have those raggedy ends gone!

My mom's home - time to go get yelled at.
frown.gif

Pics hairlove, Pics!!!!!
I'm sure your hair is absolutely gorgeous with the trim(It was before)....Congrats
clap.gif

I really liked the picture showing the difference between your "new hair" versus the relaxed. My fiancee mentioned the same thing to me. He likes my new growth.

Lulu,

Who's that in your signature? She & her hair are gorgeous.

Hairlove,

Please don't make me
spank.gif
you
nono.gif
--I guess I'll have to wait to see your pics to determine if I have to get you or not
laugh.gif

Supergirl,

You will get me! LOL. But it actually looks very good. If it wasn't for my broken pieces, I'd say my hair IS healthy...though right now, it just looks about 75% healthiER!

I'm happy with my decision but I am anxious to grow it out and have it healthy this time. I know more how to take care of my hair so I am anxious to see what happens when you start with a healthy head!

Wow Hairlove! I know your hair must look gorgeous (it already was) with your new cut! I'm looking forward to your new pics!

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Lulu,

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like Stacy Dash to me.

HairLove,

When I read the title of this thread, I was like 'oh my goodness', but you know I'm happy that you're happy about your hair. I know it still looks great!

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Lulu,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

Yeah, that does look like Stacy Dash who has gorgeous hair!!

Allandra, I cannot lie, I do technically miss the length but I do not miss the hair. I was worried that I'd cut my hair to this length and still have thin, sparse ends but I'm so happy that it is thick. I am going to ensure that it continues to grow that way. I'm actually excited about it...but I cannot wait to wash my hair! I want to see how well it detangles and conditions and the styles that will look so much better such as a braidout! I can't wait!

congrats to you, hairlove ! ! !
dance7.gif
i'm napptural and i can't WAIT to get to bra strap length, even as a transitioner, you are truly an inspiration for hair growth/length ! ! !
smile.gif

Congrats Hairlove! I'm sure it looks absolutely wonderful. You are doing so great with your transitioning!
smile.gif
Can't wait to see the pictures!

cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Lulu,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was Trina.
laugh.gif

@Hairlove:
I know the cut looks good. I can't wait to see pics!
smile.gif

Wow, hairlove, I bet that your hair looks great! So you are closer to being fully natural. Can't wait to see those pics
smile.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

I can't wait to see your pictures, and I can't believe you cut your hair! But you're right, it will grow back healthier than ever.
smile.gif

Back