Hairdresser pulled the Phyto switch on me!

KeyahGirl

I'm so pissed. Hairdresser used Index 1 instead of Index 2. He's never screwed up like that before and now it looks like my hair hasn't been relaxed at all. Can I wait four or so weeks to do a corrective with Index 2?

Oh no! Why would he do that?! Was he out of Phyto II or just decided to make an executive decision on the DL?

sareca said:
Oh no! Why would he do that?! Was he out of Phyto II or just decided to make an executive decision on the DL?

The latter. He honestly said he didn't know there was a difference. :eek: He said that he did notice washing it out that it wasn't as straight as usual but thought it was because of the humidity. :confused:

I am so heated.

KeyahGirl said:
The latter. He honestly said he didn't know there was a difference. :eek: He said that he did notice washing it out that it wasn't as straight as usual but thought it was because of the humidity. :confused:

I am so heated.

I'm sooo pissed for you right now, I'm natural and I can't imagine what I'll do if that happened to me, but don't worry everything will work out, what is he doing to compensate you?

KeyahGirl said:
I'm so pissed. Hairdresser used Index 1 instead of Index 2. He's never screwed up like that before and now it looks like my hair hasn't been relaxed at all. Can I wait four or so weeks to do a corrective with Index 2?

You, too huh? :( I relaxed 3 weeks ago using Index I and it's like I hadn't relaxed at all. The crown area, where my NG is already crazy is just a poof ball. I won't do a corrective because I'm afraid that my hair will fall out or start shedding again. So I decided to wait at least another month or 6 weeks and monitor my hair for breakage or other damage. So far, so good.

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. There's nothing more frustrating when it comes to hair than a stylist who messes your hair up. That totally sucks. :kiss:

jasmin said:
If there was no difference there wouldn't be a phyto I and II...yeah right.

I know, right :nono: . It's not like he's a hairdresser, or anything :spinning:. Keyahgirl, I'm sorry that he messed up like that. I'm a diehard fan of Phyto II, but I do my own relaxer. Others have mentioned to me that index I severely under-processed their hair. I'm not certain how long you can wait to do a corrective relaxer. If it were me , I would wait 4 weeks and try again with index II. You may want to also make certain to pre-treat the hair that you are not relaxing with a good moisturizer/conditioner. (just in case of overlapping) Hopefully, others who have had this happen can give you some advice on what to do at this point.

Is your hairdresser going to hook you up with corrective relax, or do you have to do it for your self?

guesswho said:
I'm sooo pissed for you right now, I'm natural and I can't imagine what I'll do if that happened to me, but don't worry everything will work out, what is he doing to compensate you?

Your hair is gorgeous!! He didn't charge for the cut as compensation. It still cost me an arm and a leg though. *sigh* I'm seriously considering just going natural at some point. This is too much aggravation!

dona_flor said:
I know, right :nono: . It's not like he's a hairdresser, or anything :spinning:. Keyahgirl, I'm sorry that he messed up like that. I'm a diehard fan of Phyto II, but I do my own relaxer. Others have mentioned to me that index I severely under-processed their hair. I'm not certain how long you can wait to do a corrective relaxer. If it were me , I would wait 4 weeks and try again with index II. You may want to also make certain to pre-treat the hair that you are not relaxing with a good moisturizer/conditioner. (just in case of overlapping) Hopefully, others who have had this happen can give you some advice on what to do at this point.

Is your hairdresser going to hook you up with corrective relax, or do you have to do it for your self?

That sounds like a good plan. I will moisturize and not manipulate my hair very much. I'll evaluate it at 4 weeks. Once, I badly underprocessed my hair by self-relaxing and I was able to stick it out until my next retouch. I will go to another hairdresser, probably, because I really didn't like his attitude when I told him that I didn't think my hair felt the same as when he'd done it the last time.

Back