Hairdresser anxiety...need advice

Denim And Leather

Hi, Ladies

My last touch up was three weeks ago. This is the normal routine my hairdresser does to my hair: touch up, rinse out, deep conditioning under the dryer, rinse out, then she blow dries and finally, flat irons my hair straight with one of those combs from a Marcel stove.

After that, I discovered the UBH website and re-discovered this board, and began applying all that I'm learning so I can take better care of my hair and grow it to my desired length. I think my hairdresser puts way too much heat on my hair, because when I washed it a week later, it dried out crispy on both sides, and I noticed some breakage everytime I combed it. I never thought of this before, but it does explain why my hair hasn't grown as much as I thought it should have, since wearing my own hair a little over a year ago (after 16 years of wearing a weave.) I bought some Aphogee treatment, and that helped a great deal.

I want to get a touch up on my hair, but don't want all that excessive heat on my hair.

My question: what do you suggest I should do? Should I have my hairdresser relax my hair and rinse out only (which would be a waste of $80 in my opinion), or should I self-relax? If you suggest I self-relax, please give me pre and post-care information.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Hey! :) Could your hairdresser just rollerset your hair and sit you under the dryer or wrap it? $80 is too much money to waste on processes that may damage your hair in the long run especially since you've learned so much.

cluelessaka said:
Hey! :) Could your hairdresser just rollerset your hair and sit you under the dryer or wrap it? $80 is too much money to waste on processes that may damage your hair in the long run especially since you've learned so much.

I agree. And you might as well not have a relaxer if she is going to use all that heat.

Back