Haircolor: Whats the gentlest way for these results??

Whimsy

Hey ladies, Color question.

I haven't touched up my color since February, and decided I want to go back to dark hair and maybe just have highlights instead of all over color. What's the GENTLEST way to go back to dark brown/black?

Is indigo an option? Does indigo loosen your curl pattern like henna is said to do? If so it's not an option.

Please help!

Thanks! :)

Right now I like Bigen Oriental black, they have a Chocolate dark brown if you think the black is too harsh. I have experienced no ill effects ( I think it is because I did it after a loooonng deep conditioning treatment).

Some people are allergic to the high levels of some chemical in Bigen....I can't remember which one right now. I took the chance because I did not want to loosen my curl pattern with the henna like some have reported and it came out great!!!

I have used Robert Craig color for years. It's the gentlest permanent color I have ever used. It's suppose to have no ammonia or peroxide and i see NO damage or dryness when i use it...none.

Color by Robert Craig [SIZE=-1]is the all-new permanent hair color that delivers gorgeous, natural results without a trace of harmful peroxide, ammonia, alcohol or perfume. Plus, built-in conditioners leave the hair silky, luminous and shining with health.[/SIZE]

http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php

I have used Robert Craig color for years. It's the gentlest permanent color I have ever used. It's suppose to have no ammonia or peroxide and i see NO damage or dryness when i use it...none.

Color by Robert Craig [SIZE=-1]is the all-new permanent hair color that delivers gorgeous, natural results without a trace of harmful peroxide, ammonia, alcohol or perfume. Plus, built-in conditioners leave the hair silky, luminous and shining with health.[/SIZE]

http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php

I just looked at the site and that looks pretty good too! I want to try it, but I don't want end up with a green-black look.

I just looked at the site and that looks pretty good too! I want to try it, but I don't want end up with a green-black look.

lol. i have use the soft black and the blue black. I like them both. It's suppose to be permanent color, but i think it fades after a long time. It doesn't seem to grow out like a permanent color would. But i like it a lot. Other black permanent colors I have bought seem to dry my hair a little...this one doesn't.

Since you want to go darker use a rinse, I like Castings (Loreal) remember if you go black it would be harder (maybe more damaging) if you want to "lift" for hi-lites

Hey ladies, Color question.

I haven't touched up my color since February, and decided I want to go back to dark hair and maybe just have highlights instead of all over color. What's the GENTLEST way to go back to dark brown/black?

Is indigo an option? Does indigo loosen your curl pattern like henna is said to do? If so it's not an option.

Please help!

Thanks! :)
You should try a semi permanent dye first because permanent is a bit of a gamble so soon. Choose a shade that is slightly darker to what the base colour is now covering all of your hair..should sort it out

The gentler permenant dyes are L'Oreal and Garnier nutrisse because that nourishes your hair leaving it feeling well.

good luck,

Back