Haircolor Guru's-HELP

kitten73

Haircolor Guru\'s-HELP

Well, I was very bored this weekend so I made a trip to the beauty supply store. Big mistake! I went in the haircolor ailse and purchased Clairol's Textures and Tones in Flaming Desire. It is a red based color that said it would color black hair. Well of course my hair is blacker than black but I haven't used a black rinse in over a year. I did put in a semi permanent Beautiful Browns color about 3 weeks ago but it was also a red base. It didn't do a thing for my hair except darken it even more. I just knew that I would be safe using the T&T in such a light color. Well, I now have red roots and a red hairline and no color on the length of my hair. The color took very well on the roots and it actually looks pretty. The whole thing looks weird though since I have no color on the rest of my hair. I am ready to cut it all off really really short . My hair is a few inches above brastrap and I hate to loose all that hair but what can I do? Should I go to a colorist and see if they can do anything with it? How long do I wait? Does anyone who lives in NY know a place that I can go to get help? Please help ladies!

Re: Haircolor Guru\'s-HELP

bumping for responses (hope i did this right)

ladies, what is up! is anyone out there?

Hmmmm, that's a tough one.
scratchchin.gif
I don't know what to advise.

I'm far from an expert, but I'm sure a colorist could help. There's this stuff that can lift permanent color from the hair. Maybe they can put that on your roots and hairline. I'm unsure about how damaging it may be.
confused.gif

I'm sorry it didn't work for you.
frown.gif

Hey...you didn't tell me you used a black rinse before...
naughty.gif

That's the problem. You don't have to cut tho. You can just cover your roots - but it most likely won't lift any lighter without a lot of machinations - like bleach and heat and boosters and the like.

Scratch what I said via PM. Cover your roots with something likee Bigen and leave it alone until all of the black color grows out.

You COULD get it lighter - but you may lose hair.

i am sorry, i did leave that out when i sent you the pm. i did id over a year ago so i figured i would be safe. i am destined to have dark hair. i am so tired of this dark hair of mine. so what your saying is if i now let them lift the darker hair and just go with what ever color comes out of the lifting that i won't be okay?

I am with tracy...I would darker my roots and leave it alone til it either rinses out or grows out. I did the exact same thing years ago and I simply put a black rinse on my roots.

That is exactly what happened to me. I know how to lighten my hair no problem, but this was the first time I tried to lighten it while I have a black dye on it. Of course, the roots was the only part that lifted. You should read my color album, it will make your hair shiver with fear that you might do the same to it!
Anyways, you don't have to cut it, just put a darker color in and just wait it out or go to a pro.

[ QUOTE ]
evanne said:
i am sorry, i did leave that out when i sent you the pm. i did id over a year ago so i figured i would be safe. i am destined to have dark hair. i am so tired of this dark hair of mine. so what your saying is if i now let them lift the darker hair and just go with what ever color comes out of the lifting that i won't be okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The ends are going to take a lot of aggressive coloring to lift. Either one shot with bleach or several shots with permie color. Both approaches damage the hair and the result, even if you get it to lighten, is less than even.

I'm saying darken ALL of your hair back to dark. Cover the mistake. If your hair is close to BS and you did the rinse over a year ago MOST of your hair still has black in it most likely. As long as it is, lightening those ends is going to be a crap shoot.

Don't do it.

Back