Hair Won't Flat Iron Straight!

addaboutmyhair

I tried to flat iron my hair yesterday. I tried with Sabino, with pressing creme and with plain ole grease. I am a 4b with 2 inches new growth and the remainder textlaxed. My hair wouldn't go straight! It got slightly softer but did not look at all pressed! Keep in mind, my flat iron goes to 450 degrees.

I'm thinking the build up from my leave in spray must be interfering. I use a mix of castor oil and aloe vera juice. Has anyone ever heard of this? I just gave up and put in some cornrows.

Seriously, craziest thing ever.

You definitely need to omit some of the products that you used. I believe the best flat iron comes from minimal to no product. Also you should refer to the fotki for patchouli85. She has some great instructions and product recommendations. I have transitioned before and I am going to transition again but this time I have much more information and a better flat iron. Technique is key but it definitely helps to have nice styling tools.

I've never heard of this. The problem is that you are using way too much products. Leave-in and heat protectant should go on wet hair before blow-drying and used sparingly. When you are ready to flat-iron, you should not be using anything else. I would also not use that aloe spray; Try a creamy, glycerine-free leave-in and serum (on wet hair only)

Castor oil and aloe vera are very moisturizing, but they might be too much so for your hair to be flat-ironed successfully...maybe you could use them but go very light? And with sabino you're not really supposed to use any other products according to the label (which I've done before with no problems).

May want to try a clarifying condish to remove any product build-up followed by a deep conditioner. After that use just heat protector and a water based leave-in, dry then flat iron. Save any other products until after you flat iron, you will likely find you don't really need them.

May want to try a clarifying condish to remove any product build-up followed by a deep conditioner. After that use just heat protector and a water based leave-in, dry then flat iron. Save any other products until after you flat iron, you will likely find you don't really need them.

I def. agree with the above, plus I would go in small sections and remember just because ur flat iron goes that high doesn't mean you want to use that much heat.

Back