Hair vitamins and Protein: what's the deal???

Roselyn

I think I made a thread like this some time back but what the hey. I'm looking for a good vitamin challenge for the rest of the year. Maybe get a few extra inches of healthy strands...? Anyway, what works out there, ladies? What works, inexpensive and possibly locally obtainable??? Any idea? And what's he best way to take them, empty stomach/water, or with meal???

And possibly, what's the deal with protein? I've read here in LHCF that some women consume quite a bit to induce hair growth...? Some even gaining as much a 2 inches per month!!! How does that work exactly, and can't you gain weight from that??? Thanx a lot for any answers. :)

Last edited:
I take vitamins and drink carrot juice/protein shakes. I didnt see any weight gain but then again that's maybe because I run and do strength training sometime. I haven't been very consistent with the protein but I have with carrot juice which I have been faithfully for a couple weeks. My suggestion to you is that if you do consume these things then be prepared to work it off for thrity minutes or so. Just my two cents!

I'm thinking about starting a better vitamine/protein regimine too. I'm not too fond of milk and soy, so I'll try to include other low fat sources of protein such as water packed tuna and beans and rice, fish and chicken. I also like peanut butter and eggs, even though they're not really lowfat/cholesterol. I'll also look for a good liquid multivitamin so that I won't have to pop too many pills. I've never liked pills lol. I would crush them (eww) and take with juice if they are too big. I have to be careful with some vitamins because they make me break out in mild hives/rash. I think it's due to the artificial color red#9 or something. I've also bought some flaxseed oil that I take along with grapefruit juice (cuts the taste).

I used to take a liquid multivitamin called Colodial or something (bought it at Whole Foods Market)....but it's like 30 dollars for a bottle that lasts only one month and it has to be refridgerated. I might try it again. Centrum also has a new chewable multi....but I'm not sure of the additives in it.

Edit: I also drink Odwalla brand carrot juice. It tastes great and my nails definatly seem to grow faster. I've never thought that it might help my hair until I found this board.

Can't hurt to try :)

I mix GNC's Whey Protein powder with 8oz. water after a workout and before bed. It's my miracle drink!!! :lol:
After I started this, my new growth was fast coming along and STRONG! I'm gonna go get more on payday!

Back