Hair Violated At Concert! (Long)

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Hi Everyone!:wave:

I drove three hours to see "the First Lady of Soul" Bettye LaVette in concert. Firstly, out of 200 people, Bettye and I were the only sistahs in the house. I was at a place called the Surf Ballroom in Clearlake, Iowa.

I had my hair down and swept to the side. This tipsy woman looked at me and then shouted to whomever would listen, "She's gorgeous!" about three times and then with her palm open and fingers spread, she put her hand in my hair and lifted my hair up above my head - two times! :eek:! Because I was so stunned and because she moved so fast, she got in two "sweeps". I had to grab her by the shoulders and physically shove her off of me and away from me! :mad: ! I am barely over five feet. Mind you, I was the only other Sister there, and I was thinking, "Please don't let me have to get into a fight up in here." At first I felt violated. Then I tried to look on the bright side and say, "I guess my hair must have been looking good for her to be compelled to put her hand up in it like that!" :grin:!

I've seen posts here where other LHCF ladies have talked about people putting their hands in their hair. I couldn't believe that she did that. This woman was acting a fool with everyone. She was reaching for Betty LaVette's microphone and Betty said, "Are you going to let me do this or do you want to do this?" :grin: I still enjoyed the concert because Bettye LaVette is fabulous. She has yet to receive her due after 44 years in the music business. She has a gritty voice like Mavis Staples but her style is all her own and her latest album is being heralded as a masterpiece. :)

Her website is http://www.bettyelavette.com/

You can take a listen to her songs here:
http://www.bettyelavette.com/CD_Releases/cd_releases.html

Since I got my hair done, I updated my album. The ends of my hair still need work, but things are improving little by little. Take a look when you have time.

Last edited:
some people have a lot of nerve...sometimes they have TOO much nerve!

it's good that you pushed her off of you...i doubt i would have been so nice...i dont mind someone touching as long as they ask...but lifting it over your head twice!?!?! that's too extreme for me!

She should asked before placing her hand in your hair. That's down right rude... I agree that your hair is very beauitful, its pretty tempting to touch.

Yes your hair is beautiful! And ppl wonder why long hairs hate wearing their hair down?! I've had mine pulled once by a guy during a lecture. He didnt pull hard though and later told me because females in the class thought it was a phony pony. I hate when ppl show off in public but it sounds like you still got to enjoy her show. :)

wtf I feel for you Chicoro i hate when people dont even ask and just run their hands but on another note Holly molly !!!!!!! Lord have mercy girl u killing me :eek: u can grow some hair i m in awe of your hair and length !!!! the update looking good i see the growth wowwwwwwwwwwww

That is too funny. And, you handled yourself very well.:)
I am so happy that you updated, because you know I've been waiting! ;)

Yeah Chicoro she was rude but drunk people often are. Good you stood up for yourself.
BTW your hair has grown alot since the Jan 05 pics good job.

OMG... Your hair is off the chain!!!
umm... can I ask you a ques--- :look:

*touches Chicoro's hair then runs away with the quickness*

Chicoro said:
Please don't let me have to get into a fight up in here.
Chicoro :wave:

Girl, I had to lol when I read the sentence above. I was like, 'oh no, my girl had to get somebody'. :lol: You know your hair must have been lookin' good. You go girl. :)

Your hair looks beautiful. Thanks for the update. The woman should have been slapped and I usually don't promote violence but I would have happliy made an exception in this case.

I'm sorry you were violated. Some people have no manners. But- you have FABULOUS hair:grin: :lachen: :lachen: You've made tremendous progress and I just love the thickness!!!

Thank you for sharing.

Sigh! Chicoro you're my hair inspiration. I only put my hands in my sister's hair but I would've been screaming about your beauty too. I'm sorry you were so violated. That's no fun but you handled yourself.

Q

Chicoro your hair is so beautiful and thick:)...but what that lady did was so wrong...I can't believe people would actually do that...I've never witnessed anything like that nor have I ever encountered anyone putting their hands in my hair when they aren't welcome...it's unbelievable the nerve of some people.

I think what that woman did was quite rude, I can understanding wanting to touch. I don't do this except when I see my sister, Its something about Women and their hair,especially when its in good condition and its flowing. something inside makes you want to feel the texture running through your hands. I love to touch my sisters hair and style it, she has very long hair althought its above bra strap level. she does nothing with it but its so soft and so silky and its so wonderful to sit and run my fingers through it so I can understand why people might want to touch your hair, I don't undertstand rudeness at all. I only touch my sisters hair no one else. I am glad she lets me. I can't wait to have my own to run my hands through it. I in my daughters hair all the time too. so I guess this didn't help much. :(

:O you have the most beautiful hair i've ever seen!! REALLY, absoloutely beautiful, no wonder she touched it, i woulda asked first tho!

Back