Hair Veda's sale and still no product sent?

ajargon02

Ya'll this is my first time ordering from them. I put in my order when they had that $5 sale on whipped shea (or whatever it's called). They took out my cash, and I still haven't received my order. I did however get an e-mail stating that my order hasn't been processed yet to do a "family death". Is this a "normal" experience for this company? I can certainly understand a loved one passing away. I just don't want to be suckered like I have been in the past by some on-line retailers. :perplexed:nono:

Did anyone else get product yet from that sale?

Can someone who's ordered previously share some positive experiences you have had, so that I can breathe easier?

Thanks ladies!

Normal shipping times can take up to 2 weeks. With sales its way longer. With the passing of a loved one im sure they are behind. I have found other products i like to use but i have never not recieved what i paid for from hairveda. Give it a few more days and email them again to see when your things might ship out. Hth

Well it takes time to make the products, and depending on who died in their family, it might be real hard to cope with, I ordered from Hair Veda and I had positive experience with them, if they have a sale and depending on when you put your order in, they have to go first come first served, meaning it's possible they could run out and have to take more time to get your order in, so I wouldn't be too worried, but if it's like a month and a half or more then I would contact them and talk to them.

I put in an order just over a week ago and after that her Grandmother passed. She sent me an email explaining the situation and said they are trying to fill the orders as best as possible.

Check the email account you used to set up your account with HairVeda. Its possible that she sent you one as well.

Last edited:
I put in an order about just over a week ago and after that her Grandmother passed. She sent me an email explaining the situation and said they are trying to fill the orders as best as possible.

Check the email account you used to set up your account with HairVeda. Its possible that she sent you one as well.

thanks for all the feedback ladies. I must have been one of the first sale orders, b/c I was at work and logged on as soon as the sale started "time wise". It's been at least 1 month ( if not more) and I am still waiting. I will certainly check the date on when I made the order. I do understand that life happens, but I placed my order a while back. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't gonna get ripped off, like some on this site have by on-line hair care vendors. I will certainly give it some more time and shoot them over an e-mail to see what's up.

Thanks again for sharing your positive experiences with this vendor. I usually order from www.oyinhandmade.com ( they too hand make all orders) so I know it takes a minute. I'll just keep checking with them and see what comes of it.

Thanks again ladies! :yep:

I ordered 9/26 and received my order on Thursday 10/15.

By the way I ordered:

Hydrasilica Spritz (1)
Vatika Frosting (1)
Avasoya Oil (1)
Shikakai Shampoo Bar (1)

Hopefully you will get your order soon.

I love Hairveda, but their shipping is a bit off. When I first ordered from them, it took a month for me to get my items. Now, I desperately need the whipped ends hydration and they are closed for a couple of weeks. I sypmathize with them having a death in the family, but in the end, they are still running a business. Many businesses are able to function, even in light of unforseen, personal life events. They should hire another person or two to ensure that they are getting these shipments out and providing good customer service.

I ordered on the same day the sale started. I ordered like 10 jars of the frosting and no I have not gotten mine yet.

Her grandmother Veda died. I am assuming that is where the name came from (HairVeda). Anyway, I do understand both sides of the coin. She should hire more people but if you are just starting out you really cant afford to hire people. I think this is the risk you take when ordering from a handmade home business. Same thing happened to me when I ordered from Khadaja's business for my henna. Come to think of it maybe I should warn people before I order, I maybe bad luck. :look:

Anyway all I can do is wait.
Blessings,
SouthernStunner

I've never ordered from Hairveda but I think that orders are a bit delayed when there is a sale going on(large influx of orders). Also, isn't this handmade stuff?

OP, from my experience with Hairveda in the past (haven't ordered from them since February) I noticed that whenever there is a sale you can expect your shipment any time between 3 to 4 weeks. Unfortunately the grandmother passed away :-( and my guess is that your shipment may take even longer.

I know this might sound dumb, but I stopped buying from vendors when they offer sales for this same reason. Whenever there is a crazy sale at Hairveda, Afroveda or KBB I just wait a few weeks for the craziness to die down before I place an order. Not that I don't want to take advantage of the sales, but to wait over a month for a product is just too much for my heart to take LOL

All of my experiences have been positive. I also got the email regarding the death of the grandma, explaining that BJ is in charge of handling the funeral arrangements. To be honest, I forgot I even placed an order with them, as I usually buy to last a while.
Hopefully your next order will be better.

OP, from my experience with Hairveda in the past (haven't ordered from them since February) I noticed that whenever there is a sale you can expect your shipment any time between 3 to 4 weeks. Unfortunately the grandmother passed away :-( and my guess is that your shipment may take even longer.

I know this might sound dumb, but I stopped buying from vendors when they offer sales for this same reason. Whenever there is a crazy sale at Hairveda, Afroveda or KBB I just wait a few weeks for the craziness to die down before I place an order. Not that I don't want to take advantage of the sales, but to wait over a month for a product is just too much for my heart to take LOL

Yep! Live and learn......

Well the first time I ordered from Hairveda was when a sale was NOT going on and it took forever for me to receive my products....which were just samples by the way :ohwell:
I really liked the products though. Good Stuff. However, my lack of patience forbids me to re-order from them.

Ok..this thread explains why I have not received my shipment. I placed my order on 10/7...I did however receive an email stating that my order has not yet been processed. Thanks ladies.

well i got an email this morning saying my items shipped. im happy about that but i still doubt i will order from her agin. i mean i love the cocasta oil but i can do without everything else.

Please be patient ladies.
Note, I have never ordered from Hair Veda but plan on it in the future. As a small business owner I know it's not easy when it comes to making the decision of whether to hire help. You have to think about costs, employment taxes, unemployment insurance, and finding help that you can trust. It is good to have an emergency plan but dang, the products are handmade. Would you rather she had gobs of product sitting on the shelves waiting for your order or would you rather have FRESH items. And if your grandma passed away wouldn't you appreciate some patience. :yep:
I purchase a lot of items online and I understand placing your order and then wanting your package to arrive tomorrow, but I also believe in being nice. It sounds like she has been in business for a while and is a trustworthy person.

My 2 cents:
I have ordered at least 3 times from HairVeda. I LOVE the products and what they do for my DD and my hair. The shipping is what puts me off from this company. I have never received a shipment prior to 4wks and even had a mix up.

I HAVE always received what I have ordered however. I hate having to wait so long, but now take that into consideration when ordering. I know to order way in advance of running out and also to order multiple quantities. I did plan last week to order some more items because I'm running low, but saw the email about the family situation. I am upset that I cannot place my order now in anticipation of having to wait awhile (plus the holidays), but I fully understand. My hair can wait.

Just know if you choose to order, you will be very happy with the products, but MUST be patient about the shipping time, it is not prompt, quick shipping. I would rather wait for shipping than for the homemade products to be made in a rush and then I get inferior products quickly.

i think my products came today but instead of the mail man leaving it i guess he took it to the PO so we will c tomorrow.

I have never had a bad experience from Hairveda and when I'd send an email BJ or her assistant always responded.

I mean think about it, hand making products when you're a small business is no small feat. Especially when you get a huge amount of orders. You have shipping issues from other suppliers, equipment malfunctions, bad batches, etc. so it's not always as simple as mixing up a batch and getting it in the mail.

I know that when I lost my dad I had to literally hold my mom up. It's hard... especially when you're hurting and you're trying to help heal the holes left behind by the person's absence. Business or no, we're still human. That's a painful loss. Even though I'm chomping at the bit to smell like Avosoya and I want to give mom her late birthday present of Vatika Frostings, I can definitely wait. :yep:

Back