Hair Troubless :(

ResieCupp

Hey Ladies,
My hair is really giving me major problems. So i'll try to explain exactly what is happening...

Back in December I experienced what I thought was a moisture overload (I'm still not fully sure) But anywho the strands of my hair were soaking up water like a sponge and you couldn't tell that may hair was wet because it would soak up all of the water. When I proceeded to detangle my hair the strands would stretch like gum and break. I used Aphogee to try and combat the problem, it only helped some.

Skipping to now I just took out my weave and my hair is shedding like crazy. Even after two months the strands are still doing the mushy stretchy thing when washed.

I guess my question is does anyone know what my hair is experiencing and how I should go about handling it to nurse it back to full strength.

Sounds like you need protein. And I'm not talking about a quick-fix-it dose. I mean weekly treatments of a mild to moderate protein. Aubrey Organics GPB is the best I have encountered. A weekly deep condition w/this should improve your hair more and more as the weeks go by. Plus it is moisturizing so you won't be left high and dry like Aphogee two step. Also, your hair is porous, which means it is like a "sponge" (like u said) where the water goes in and right out. The AO GPB will help your hair to hold the water/moisture; oil rinses also helped my porous hair to retain moisture.

Last edited:
Yes, in fact I have perimeter braids in now. And an install (cornrows) and I still use the treatment once a week, going stronger and stronger :)

Sounds like you need protein. And I'm not talking about a quick-fix-it dose. I mean weekly treatments of a mild to moderate protein. Aubrey Organics GPB is the best I have encountered. A weekly deep condition w/this should improve your hair more and more as the weeks go by. Plus it is moisturizing so you won't be left high and dry like Aphogee two step. Also, your hair is porous, which means it is like a "sponge" (like u said) where the water goes in and right out. The AO GPB will help your hair to hold the water/moisture; oil rinses also helped my porous hair to retain moisture.

I agree with everything she said. For porosity issues you might also try Roux Porosity Control shampoo for awhile (not sure about the protein content). I've used it weekly as part of my regular shampoo routine for years (even back when I was relaxed). So it's gentle enough to use long term.

Back