hair troubles: loosing alot of hair

roses5682

Hello all, I am new to this (my cousin put me on to this forum) I am 22 and my hair has been shedding alot and I was wondering if there any suggestions for how I could stop my hair from falling out. Currently I use a cholesteral (sorry for the spelling error ) deep conditioner after i wash my hair. <font color="purple"> </font>

Welcome!!!
wave.gif

What other products are you using (including relaxers, shampoos, etc)?

welcome to the board! Are you relaxed or natural? What's your hair type and what products do you use? Basically, we'll need to know your regimen so we can give tips that are more tailored to your specific situation
smile.gif

My hair is relaxed, I dont use many products i wash my hair about once every 1.5 weeks with goldwell products and then i use KeraCare (if thats how they spell it) gloss. How do i found out my hair texture ?

Welcome to the forum. Be prepared to learn a lot here. Wattch out, because you can easily become a product junkie!

Welcome Roses!
wave.gif

So you're relaxed. Are you using heat on your hair? And when did your hair start falling out? Do you mean long strands from the root or is it breaking off?
Please share what you do on a typical wash day and the products you use.

the most common problem with relaxed hair is being overprocessed. how often do you get touchups. do you get the newgrowth only permed or does your stylist pull the perm through all of your hair? are you doing protien treatments do you follow them with a moisturizing conditioner? are you stressed out? are you on a diet? are you sick? do you have really dry hair?

In addition to what's already been mentioned, are you taking any medications? Just recently had a baby or are currently pregnant? How is your diet? Have you developed an allergy to some products that you're using or food/drink that you're eating?

I dont use any heat on my hair besides sitting under the drier when i get a wash and set. I get a perm about every 8 weeks but I have just started to expanded that to about 10 weeks so that i have more new growth. When i do get a perm they only put it on the new growth. My hair falls out from the root so its long strands. Some have said that this kind of loss is natural is that true? Even if it is i still think I loose too much. Do any of you have recomendations for a shampoo i can try that also reduces dandruff, once again my hair type is 3b. Right now i use goldwell shampoo and cholestral deep conditioner with bontanicles (spelling error) glosser

I dont use any heat on my hair besides sitting under the drier when i get a wash and set. I get a perm about every 8 weeks but I have just started to expanded that to about 10 weeks so that i have more new growth. When i do get a perm they only put it on the new growth. My hair falls out from the root so its long strands. Some have said that this kind of loss is natural is that true? Even if it is i still think I loose too much. Do any of you have recomendations for a shampoo i can try that also reduces dandruff, once again my hair type is 3b. Right now i use goldwell shampoo and cholestral deep conditioner with bontanicles (spelling error) glosser

Make sure that you are getting enough protein in your diet. When I had a mostly vegetarian diet (without adding the necessary protein) my hair shed more than usual. Also, you may want to add a Joico K-Pak treatment with heat, though I am not sure if this is for shedding. Some also mention the Nutrine (sp?) garlic shampoo though I haven't used this myself.

Chichi
bdance.gif

Same thing happened to me in mid March all the way into april (end). I attributed it to seasonal shedding and washed my hair with Nutrine Garlic Shampoo at least once per week (sometimes 2x). It slowed down the shedding but didn't completely stop it. I also did lite protein treatments using Aubrey Organics GPB and every 4 weeks continued to use my Aphogee treatment.
HTH

thanks you guys! a lack of protein explains alot. While i was away at college I was not eating alot of protein so I i will make sure i eat more, and start using a protein treatment.

Back