Hair Trimming Scissors

i got my scissors from sallys but i spent $45 on mine. they're great and will last me some yrs so long as i take good care of them

I have a pair from Conair or Goody, but I plan on getting the 5 1/2" Tweezerman because it is the sharpest pair of shears that I've ever encountered.

Hey ladies! So I may be dropping out of this challenge. I've been doing a long term transition to natural for the past 18 months and just made my end of the year goal of MBL. I planned on being WL around May or June, but I'm thinking of doing the BC in Jan. I straightened for Christmas but wasn't liking how thin my relaxed ends felt in comparison to my thick natural hair...so, I got a big urge to cut it and I did! I didn't cut it all over just the ends so I really don't know how much I took off but it's around 6 inches. I believe I'm between APL and BSL now. :) I'll be cheering you ladies on from the sidelines though!!

Hey ladies! So I may be dropping out of this challenge. I've been doing a long term transition to natural for the past 18 months and just made my end of the year goal of MBL. I planned on being WL around May or June, but I'm thinking of doing the BC in Jan. I straightened for Christmas but wasn't liking how thin my relaxed ends felt in comparison to my thick natural hair...so, I got a big urge to cut it and I did! I didn't cut it all over just the ends so I really don't know how much I took off but it's around 6 inches. I believe I'm between APL and BSL now. :) I'll be cheering you ladies on from the sidelines though!!

I think you may want to copy and paste this post. :giggle:

LOL :lachen:

i promise once you cut with a GOOD pair of shears, you'll never go back to cheapo goody or conair scissors again.

this is what i did that made up my mind and why i will never go back

go to sallys and grab a professional pair of shears and then grab the $9-$20 pair of shears. feel along the razor end of the cheapo scissors then feel along the edge of the professional shears.

the cheapo shears feel rough and jagged, like kitchen scissors. but the professional shears will feel ultra smooth, crisp and sharp... THAT'S what you want when cutting your hair. if you're going to use cheapo scissors you're never going to get the same cutting results you would from a salon hence why so many people get scissor happy and "trim" their ends on a monthly basis darn near. the cheap scissors arent going to leave your ends in pristine condition causing splits to accrue sooner and cause raggedy ends before you should

Back