Hair Thickness

mamarama

Hi yall, lately Ive been noticing my hair thinning in some areas; mainly in the front and in the crown. So as I was trimming, I noticed that some hairs are baby fine and wispy, while other strands seem to be normal. Another thing I noticed is that some strands thin out at the end.

I'll see if I can add some pictures later. Is this normal or does this indicate an issue? I'm thinking it could be left over heat damage.

Ive been using Paul Mitchell scalp care shampoo and conditioner to see if it will make my scalp healthier.

Also, can you post your regimen? Something as simple as the fatty alcohols from conditioners touching the scalp could be a culprit.

I use several things in rotation.

Shampoo: Elucence mb,

Conditioner: Paul Mitchell anti thinning (recent addition), Elucence, devacurl decadence, Aussie Moist, Curl Junkie moisturizing treatment

Leave in: TGIN green tea or Bee Mine moisturizer (the one in the jar)

I use several things in rotation.

Shampoo: Elucence mb,

Conditioner: Paul Mitchell anti thinning (recent addition), Elucence, devacurl decadence, Aussie Moist, Curl Junkie moisturizing treatment

Leave in: TGIN green tea or Bee Mine moisturizer (the one in the jar)
Sounds fine to me! I had some loss of volume after the age of 45, so there is that. There is a hair loss forum on this site, too. It is also a good idea to get blood work done for the thyroid.

Back