Hair that balls?

blissy

Ladies, I need your help. Does your hair ball/tangle at the ends? Then break/fall off. It is very difficult to describe but I see these 'balls' all over the bathroom floor and I'm getting nervous.

I am texturized only enough to allow for easier combing. I co-wash and do braid outs and only comb after a wash.

Any advice on what to do with these balls. How do I stop it? :cry3:

thanks

It sounds to me like pixie knots. I used to get them when my hair got really dry. The only way to prevent them was to keep it moisturized. After I got a trim I didn't see them anymore though.

Thank you for your response. I took your advice--- clarified, protein treatment, deep conditioned then CHOPPED off the remaining permed ends. We'll see once I braid out. Hopefully now my mini afro puff won't look so wild ... balls and strings.

I checked out the hair that balls, no bulb at then end and of varying lengths. Not sure what this is indicative of...any ideas.
:confused:

blissy said:
Thank you for your response. I took your advice--- clarified, protein treatment, deep conditioned then CHOPPED off the remaining permed ends. We'll see once I braid out. Hopefully now my mini afro puff won't look so wild ... balls and strings.

I checked out the hair that balls, no bulb at then end and of varying lengths. Not sure what this is indicative of...any ideas.
:confused:

That means that it's breakage. If it had the bulb at the end it would have been shedding.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on this; I'm still working on the protein / moisture balance.
This is prolly a silly question. Is there a way to have moisturized hair without the greasy feeling?

blissy said:
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on this; I'm still working on the protein / moisture balance.
This is prolly a silly question. Is there a way to have moisturized hair without the greasy feeling?

I think it depends on what you're using. I don't like that greasy feeling either. I like creamy products.

I was getting those back when I first started with LHCF and was all over the place with trying to find good products and a regimen. I was accidentally underprocessed at the time too. I think that contributes to the tangling and can result in the tiny little knots that you may encounter on your strands. I was scared of those things. I kept my hair trimmed for the last 8 months and finally got my relaxer right and got some products that my hair agrees with and I don't see them anymore.

I think we are talking about the same thing. I would see a little tiny knot/ball on a shedded hair and couldn't figure it out and if I pulled, it would break in that spot.

Cayenne0622 said:
I think we are talking about the same thing. I would see a little tiny knot/ball on a shedded hair and couldn't figure it out and if I pulled, it would break in that spot.

Yeah I would get these. There would be a knot in the middle holding together 3 or 4 shed strands. If I pulled it my hair would break off at the knot.

Back