HAIR TENSION

brownsugarflyygirl

The Dilemna

I plan on alternating between a BUN and CORNROWS every two weeks for the summer....BUT I dont want hair tension to cause my front edges to thin or my hair in my nape to break....

My roots are soo thick due to transition and no heat I feel like I NEED the tension/tightness to get a neat bun look...:perplexed

What would you ladies suggest I do to avoid breakage?

I feel like I am in a catch 22 situation...advice needed!

Oh and braidouts may not work for me because I will be swimming frequently....so it wouldnt last :( good protective swimming conditioner recommendations are welcome as well.....TIA

Last edited:
When you wear your bun, alternate between wearing it with no part, side part and center part. When you wear it straight back with no part, IMO, it puts more strain on the hairline. But wearing side and center parts, you will be putting less direct tension on that area. And by alternating where you wear the part, no one section of the hairline gets more pressure than the other.

Wow...that is really great advice Lovely...I never thought of that....:grin: I will definitely incorporate that because I have just been doing the straight back....

Bumping for more responses....

Back