Hair supplements

firecracker

Hey ladies, I am finally ready to take supplements for my hair. Any suggestions for thickness and growth? Currently my hair is 4inches away from bra strap, I have a designer touch perm (which needs touched up every 8-9 weeks), highlights and my hair gets thin and stiff after about 2wks. Help please!!!!

I take pp green source multi vit,biotin,msm,flaxseed oil,epo
silca b5 and when I added a protein drink to regimen my hair really started growing faster.

My vits are in my signature. I also added Vitamin C (Vitamin Shoppe) to help the rest of these vits absorb (2 500 mg tablets/day).

Motown Girl is a personal inspiration for me and you'll find that as you peruse her page, you'll be overwhelmed with the wonderful information she has provided.

By the way, I just conducted a vitamin float test. I took a glass of white vinegar and placed all supplements in. 20 minutes later I was amazed that all GNC products dissolved. But to my dismay, my Puritan Pride Biotin and Vitamin C failed miserably. It's not all bad news because I was running out of both vitamins. That gives me an excuse to go supplement shopping. I'll head back to GNC for those items, since I know that they dissolve. The GNC Nourishair was the first to dissolve...and it's the largest pill!

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:

By the way, I just conducted a vitamin float test. I took a glass of white vinegar and placed all supplements in. 20 minutes later I was amazed that all GNC products dissolved. But to my dismay, my Puritan Pride Biotin and Vitamin C failed miserably. It's not all bad news because I was running out of both vitamins. That gives me an excuse to go supplement shopping. I'll head back to GNC for those items, since I know that they dissolve. The GNC Nourishair was the first to dissolve...and it's the largest pill!

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this once I found out you can do a test, and my hair vitamin failed! I was so mad because I had just placed a new order for those vitamins-that was why I was asking for recommendations for a new hair vitamin that does NOT contain fillers!

If your hair is stiff...I am only assuming that it is dry or brittle.

I would definetly invest in Omega (fatty Acids) 3, 6, 9, and Gamma.

Borage Seed
Flax Seed
Cod Liver oil
Fish Oil

Also try an occasional over night oil conditioning treatment with Flax seed oil. It really adds bounce to the hair. Another oil for bounce is Hemp seed.

Well if stomach acid is strong enough to basically corrode the enamel on your teeth (this is what happens to bulimics) then I don't think vinegar would be anywhere comparable to stomach acid. I'd say give a particular supplement a chance to work for maybe 60 days (I'm just guessing here) and you decide for yourself.

Try the GNC Nourishair because when I went to visit the local GNC, the lady that I normally consult with said that everyone LOVES the nourishair vitamin. She can't keep them on the shelves! They're very reasonably priced as well. I would suggest you go the second Tuesday of the month. Sales take place then and you can generally buy one, get one free. They have fantastic sales. I would also purchase the Biotin 2500 (cheap and only take 1 a day) and the MSM 1,000 (take one a day). Good luck!

Back