Hair Stylist Trim Advice

CarmelCupcake

I've been doing my own hair for years, and I was taking a major exam on saturday, so i didn't feel like doing my own hair. Well anyway, the girl hooked my hair up, but she took off about an inch and a half for trimming my hair. I really loved the way she flat ironed my hair...it looks so shiny and feels so healthy. I was thinking of going to her every two weeks. My thing is, I don't want her to trim my hair again. Id rather let her just style it. I think she would get offended though. Do you guys have any advice on what i could tell her?

Last edited:
Next time just say, you don't want a trim. Did she ask you beforehand or did she just proceeded to trim your hair?

@ms.blue, she asked. I guess I feel like if start going to her every couple of weeks, shes gonna be like, oh let me trim your ends, and id rather just do it myself

@CarmelCupcake, let her know from the beginning before any service is to be performed that you don't want a trim. If she asks why? Say you perfer to do the trim yourself or lie and say you have someone else who does your trims.

I always have this problem. As soon as I tell the stylist what I want I specially say I don't want my ends trimmed today. It never fails right after washing and blow-drying my hair they ask when's the last time you had a trim. I always say i'll get my ends trimmed next time.

Back