Hair sticking together

2inspireU

I'm texlaxed but my hair acts and still looks natural. You can see my avatar. My hair sticks together, and not just at the ends. I bought shampoo for color treated hair(supposed to help with porosity), I have used porosity control, I've used Joico K-Pak reconstructor, 2min reconstructor, two step treatment, etc. I still have hair that sticks together, which breaks and sheds. I hate the frizz my hair has, which seems to be a product of my challenge with split ends. What can I do or use to fix this?

I have cut split ends, trimmed, etc. I moisturize and dc alot. I have very tight, wiry, pen-sized coils with loose curls in the nape area. I also have done ACV rinses.

Last edited:
I'm texlaxed but my hair acts and still looks natural. You can see my avatar. My hair sticks together, and not just at the ends. I bought shampoo for color treated hair(supposed to help with porosity), I have used porosity control, I've used Joico K-Pak reconstructor, 2min reconstructor, two step treatment, etc. I still have hair that sticks together, which breaks and sheds. I hate the frizz my hair has, which seems to be a product of my challenge with split ends. What can I do or use to fix this?

I have cut split ends, trimmed, etc. I moisturize and dc alot. I have very tight, wiry, pen-sized coils with loose curls in the nape area. I also have done ACV rinses.

Could it be product buildup that causing your hair to stick together? Have you tried clarifying with a clarifying shampoo?

I am natural, mostly 4a and my strands tend to have relationships. Tight braids promote them. I prefer to air dry with roller set or banded hair.

When I was relaxed/texlaxed and this would happen, a baking soda rinse always solved this issue. Try that.

how long have you been texlaxed? when i texturized earlier this year this happned to my hair. i ended up cutting it off and going natural. I tried many of the treatments you listed. the only thing that helped a little bit was cowashing daily w/ vo5 silky experiences in small braids with real hair only. i dont know why but that helped my hair tremendously but after my hair got used to the co washing it still was "grabby" at the ends and i had alot of breakage.

Back