Hair Static

Wolftrap

Has anyone else experienced this. My hair has a lot of static in it and if I run my fingers through it it will stick straight up. What could this be or why would it do that. Somone told me it means your hair is healthy but I really don't think so. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it. I'll walk pass a mirror and it will look like I put my finger in a socket.
shocked.gif

Hair static can happen moreso in the winter (due to one's place being dry - aka house, work). A humidifier works great at keeping moisture in the hair and hair static under control.

Allandra, you took the words out of my mouth.
up.gif
Moisture in hair is key to preventing those static-induced flyaways.
smile.gif
Dry hair => more static. The suggestions in on this page might help.

Thanks ladies I am not sure what the problem is because I noticed the static right after I got my hair done and it was deep conditioned! I have been spraying olive oil spray on it and that keeps it down for a while but then its sticking back up again. I think it is the air at my job. I just started this job and there are a lot of people sick there. I'm the third person in a week to have an upper respiratory infection at that place. It makes me nervous working there.

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Thanks ladies I am not sure what the problem is because I noticed the static right after I got my hair done and it was deep conditioned! I have been spraying olive oil spray on it and that keeps it down for a while but then its sticking back up again. I think it is the air at my job. I just started this job and there are a lot of people sick there. I'm the third person in a week to have an upper respiratory infection at that place. It makes me nervous working there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even though your hair is well moisturized, what about places like your home and work place? If these areas are dry (you know like with the heat and all - if you're in a cold weather area) it'll be easy to get hair static.

Back