Hair so thin when straight!

Zakina

On friday I got a press and my hair hasn't looked this good in ages. I'm really happy with the results and so happy to see that I have such long hair. the longest section is a few inches from waistlenght =)!
I have never before gotten a press so I was very happy that it came out bone straight and soo shiny. But I realized that my hair is so thin! In it's natural state it's sooo thick and never could I imagine that it would be this thin when straight =(.
Oh well..I'm wondering what I can do to thicken my hair...Will MTG do the job? How long will it take until I see any results?

THANX =)

jamaican black castor oil... i will preach this stuff til the day i stop caring about my hair... lol... but i'm pretty sure that that's what made my hair as thick as it is now... HTH!! :)

My hair goes thin when relaxed bone straight. In addition to trying a topical treatment, perhaps don't have it pressed so hard next time or try flat ironing to leave some body and fullness. Hope this helps.

MissBiss said:
In addition to trying a topical treatment, perhaps don't have it pressed so hard next time or try flat ironing to leave some body and fullness. Hope this helps.

Absolutely! Don't overstraighten to leave some texture. I often have this problem and discovered that a lighter press works much better. Also, I found that getting enough iron in my diet has significantly improved the fullness of my hair. I've had iron-deficiency anemia for years and I didn't realize how much this affected my hair's fullness. If this is a concern, please check with your doctor and have a blood test to make sure. :up:

Also just wanted to add, try not to put a lot of product on prior to flat-ironing to avoid weighing the hair down.

:)
Safina87 said:
On friday I got a press and my hair hasn't looked this good in ages. I'm really happy with the results and so happy to see that I have such long hair. the longest section is a few inches from waistlenght =)!
I have never before gotten a press so I was very happy that it came out bone straight and soo shiny. But I realized that my hair is so thin! In it's natural state it's sooo thick and never could I imagine that it would be this thin when straight =(.
Oh well..I'm wondering what I can do to thicken my hair...Will MTG do the job? How long will it take until I see any results?

THANX =)

Maybe thats just the way ur hair is when straightened, it probabley looks thin but its really just an illusion. if your hairs thick in a natural state then dont worry! my hair can surprisingly look a bit thin when i do two strand twists as the hairs are "grouped together" but besides that, your hair sounds really nice, and i guess its just a mirage! :)

It's probably not THAT straight, just that you are used to seeing your thicker hair.
But I agree with other: Don't apply too much product (or don't use grease) and Don't over straighten it

Thanx girls,
I guess I just want a quick fix...
I didn't put ANY product in my hair before getting it pressed, afterwards the stylist put a bit of wax in(DAX short and neat) and that's all.
i found a castor oil that I want to buy and try to see how it will help me gain thickness, but I'm pretty sure it's not Jamaican black castor oil. Will regular castor oil help?

I already have MTG and now that I actually have nice looking hair I don't want to mess it up with the disguisting smell.

Safina87 said:

THANX =)
Pictures my dear, pictures. Let us see your work of art.

Well Star, though I would absolutely love to show you the results I'm not able to due to me not having a scanner nor a digital camera...I know..shame on me!

SqrpioQutie said:
jamaican black castor oil... i will preach this stuff til the day i stop caring about my hair... lol... but i'm pretty sure that that's what made my hair as thick as it is now... HTH!! :)

hi sweetie,

do you just place this directly on the scalp? My order should be here next week...can't wait.

bump...

girls...what's the diffrence betweeen regular castor oil and the jamaican one?
And which gives better results in form of thickness?

i also have the same problem. that was actually the reason why i went back natural. when relaxed, my hair isnt full. i pressed it a few days ago and it looked thin as usual. ive been taking biotin for 2 years and i rarely shed. it helped but not a whole lot. i have accepted my hair the way it is

the jamaican one is pure and unrefined. you can even smell the castor seed when you sniff the oil.

Back