Hair Shedding from being in the sun??

Dee-Licious

Best friend just informed me that the stylist she went to on Thursday to get a relaxer gave her some new advice.

She said that since my BF runs track and will be in the sun she should do a hot oil treatment to prevent shedding. Is this true?? Ever heard of this??

Nope. I have neva heard of this before. What are the reasons for the stylist sayn this to her? I would think that it would be the sun dryn the hair and causin breakage or the sweat and sun strippn the hair or moisture and thus causn breakage. I just can't see sheddn.

The only thing I can think of is that the sun would dry it out so badly it would cause breakage. But hey, a hot oil treatment can't hurt, right?

There are different products your BF can apply to her hair before she runs to protect it from UV rays and stuff, one I use when I hit the beach is by Phyto.

See that is what I was thinking. I could see breakage so she should make sure to moisturize before going to the track.

I thought shedding was internal/a cycle and breakage was external... She's doing what the stylist says :ohwell:

I have no experience with running track daily and caring for my hair so I can't really help her...

Back