Hair seem healthier when St8 but not Curly???? HELP!

mixedbella_85

Okay...so this is a weird one for me. But, my hair is naturally curly, but i have been transitioning back to my roots after over a year without a relaxer. It seems like when i wear my hair curly (only La Bella gel, leave in conditioner), my hair breaks faster than when its curly. Can any one offer some advice?!?!?! i love big curly hair, especially when its dry. thanks!

Okay...so this is a weird one for me. But, my hair is naturally curly, but i have been transitioning back to my roots after over a year without a relaxer. It seems like when i wear my hair curly (only La Bella gel, leave in conditioner), my hair breaks faster than when its curly. Can any one offer some advice?!?!?! i love big curly hair, especially when its dry. thanks!

Can you please clarify? Are you saying that it breaks faster when it's in its naturally curly state (with the Bella gel and leave in conditioner) as opposed to when you straighten it and curl it?

I was thinking that it could be your relaxed ends. You're still not completely natural yet. Sometimes gel could be the culprit too. A lot of people use conditioner to define curls for that reason. My natural hair is growing well and I hope to be able to master some styles soon.

I've even seen some 100% naturals report that they get breakage when they wear their hair "out", but it would seem natural that that would be the case as opposed to when your hair is "ruly" and straightened (and then curled).

Are you combing it when it's that way? That could be the culprit because of the two textures not really being the same while your hair is in its natural state. You won't get much breakage while your natural hair is in a straightened and in a simulated state (to mimick your relaxed hair) because it's all easy to manage.......I hope that wasn't too confusing:perplexed

BB

It is probably because the cuticles are raised (when hair is straightened they lay flat) so your hair may not be retaining moisture, not mention textured strands are usually more fragile.

Back