Hair Salon/Service Choice: Quality v. Time v. Cost (Choose Your Two)

PaperClip

Recalling this triangle from my organizational/marketing stuff.... I share it because of reading a couple of recent threads about poor services. Overall, if you're not being satisfied with your hair salon services (or any services), you should not continue to patronize them and further, if possible, tell your dissatisfaction. Maybe there's room for improvement, maybe not.

Basically, the quality management triangle works like this: Every project has these three elements: quality, time, and cost. You can only have two.

Your hairdresser may be good and cheap, but slow.
Your hairdresser may be good and slow, but cheap.
Your hairdresser may be cheap and slow, but good.

Choose wisely for what's most important to you.

If you need cheap and good, you have to sacrifice time (slow).
If you need cheap and fast, you may sacrifice quality (inferior).
If you need good and fast, it ain't gonna be cheap (expensive)!

onlytwo.jpg

Project%20Triangle-771891.PNG

http://www.sixside.com/fast_good_cheap.asp

Good + Fast = Expensive Choose good and fast and we will postpone every other job, cancel all appointments and stay up 25-hours a day just to get your job done. But, don't expect it to be cheap.

Good + Cheap = Slow Choose good and cheap and we will do a great job for a discounted price, but be patient until we have a free moment from paying clients.

Fast + Cheap = Inferior Choose fast and cheap and expect an inferior job delivered on time. You truly get what you pay for, and in our opinion this is the least favorable choice of the three.

Mine is all around good. Not one to toot my horn but TOOT! I just got lucky!

-She is Fast
-She is Cheap
-She is Great, I can only recall one time out of over 40 visits(estimate) that my hair just looked "blah"
-She is Timely, Out of 40 visits, I can count on one hand how many times she's been over an hour late.

If I HAD to choose too, then it would be COST & QUALITY. I would just know that I had to dedicate an extra couple hours of my day if she is just too dayum slow.

Mine is good and slow; but she's not cheap. If I didn't love what she did to my hair, I'd leave her...:grin:

Mine is good and slow; but she's not cheap. If I didn't love what she did to my hair, I'd leave her...:grin:

My hairdresser was definitely good and I can't call her slow because she got me in and out in reasonable time. But she definitely wasn't cheap. She moved three times during the five years I was with her and I followed her until she moved out of state.

Hmm. So, these choices are why I've chosen to join the LHCF DIYers in 2008! Let's see:

1. He was quite expensive....$100 for affirm relaxer
2. He was OK....would say good, but he burned my hair and destroyed my edges
3. Ah! Here it is....he was on time most of the time, and wasn't slow.

ETA: My choices, though, would have to be quality and time.....I'll pay whatever it costs. Time IS money!

Well let's see:
I was there from 7:30 till 2:30 on a Saturday
A wash and press and curl with DC (on natural hair)=$140

Good, slow but expensive
I dream about going back b/c she is so good, but I don't have the money of the time...:ohwell:

Back