Hair S.O.S 20 week stretch

IntoMyhair

I need help ok so i'm 20 weeks post right now. How are you ladies that stretch a long time able to keep your new growth from matting together. My new growth underneath the the top layer of my buns is hard and very matted until water or leave in hits it. It loosens up only to turn the same way when it dries.

My problem is i need it to not be that way when i go to relax it.

How can i get my hair to stay unmatted after i wash it?
It's like the new growth wraps around each other. Like how my avatar pic looks only the top part you can see is smooth?

TIA

Are you air drying??? I found that I could not air dry my hair once I was far into my stretch or it would matt up! If you want to continue stretching try rollersetting to stretch out the NG some.

I'm airdrying most of the time without problems. I'm using a mix of aloe vera and glycerin on my new growth - I finger part and spray it on the NG. It is keeping it soft and untangled.

Those are some good idea's ladies. Yes i Air dry that could be the problem.
I have the aloe vera juice that's part of my leave in regime. i need to get some more glycerin.

Keep the idea's comming pretty please.

i use the aloe vera juice/water/glycerin mix as well. it works. but product is key tho. I wash every 2 days (16 weeks post..trying to get to 20). i started having to wash my hair in sections (3). just for detangling purposes.

i do airdry. but only b.c. ive reduced the amount of heat usage. it does tangle when i airdry..but depending on what products i use, will help combat that problem. So to keep the tangles in oder, I'll airdry in about 5 ponytails all around my head. it helps break up the ng once it dries. Porosity of the ng should also be checked as well, seeing that we have naturally porous hair. Maybe u can try the roux porosity line, concentrating on ur ng. its helped me

My hair has been managable this week w/ African Royale braid spray and Vatika oil. This stuff moisturizes my new growth like crazy. I get a relaxer today after 6 1/2 months.

Thanks ladies.
I have the porosity control on hand. The hair spray i don't. I'm thinking of cutting the aloe vera juice and water with some scurl since i ran out of glycerin. Thanks ladies i will diff try the washing in sections with some bands or something. I also have some long term relationship inside my aloe vera mix.

Back