Hair Rules - anyone have a review?

Looks interesting, I would like to see a review on this product as well. I'm not too crazy about the before/after photos he has up though. Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding has better results than that IMO

I'm not gonna lie, I LOVE the video on youtube, but I'm be a fool to say that the girl doesn't have a texturizer. Me with all of this thick hair...hah! The lady in the video makes it look sooooo easy lol

I really liked the no suds shampoo, that was my favorite because it cleansed without drying my hair. The conditioner smells amazing, but I still have other favorite conditioners.

the no suds shampoo is one of my favorites because it cleansed without drying out my hair. the conditioner smells amazing, but I have other conditioners that work better.

Anyone know what chain stores other than Ricky's carry it? Sephora or Ulta maybe? I got samples from Henri Bendel and I am not going to the city tomorrow. I wanted to get the Finishing Cream. I tried a sample of it and it made my hair very soft. The ingredients are basically petroleum, glycerin and mineral oil - so be warned. I will probably still use it.

I used the moisturizer & the leave-in. They both were just okay - well the leave-in was okay. The moisturizer was a joke & I didn't care 4 some of the ingredients either.

Anyone know what chain stores other than Ricky's carry it? Sephora or Ulta maybe? I got samples from Henri Bendel and I am not going to the city tomorrow. I wanted to get the Finishing Cream. I tried a sample of it and it made my hair very soft. The ingredients are basically petroleum, glycerin and mineral oil - so be warned. I will probably still use it.

ulta nor sephora near me has it, so i'll say no.

i did a video on this, dunno why i didnt post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXRfVSVBmbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiuB-gCvVeg&feature=related

I like the condish for co-washing. The moisturizer is ...so-so and the "curly pudding" copycat product that the possibly-texturized girl uses in the vid tutorial?.....no way on this 4a!
The ingredients are questionable and for that price, I will not be purchasing this again. And in NYC area, I've only seen it at Ricky's.

HTH!

Last edited:
I love the Hair Rules Shampoo and Conditioner. I've been using them weekly since Sept. 19, 2008 and I have yet to find anything that does a better job. The Kinky Cream and the Curly Whip does nothing to enhance my curls, so I stick with KCCC for coily definition.

I hope that they make a larger size like 32oz like WEN in the near future.

Edited to add: The girl in the HR video on the website, doing the demonstration in the shower on how to shampoo and style with the products, she has a texturizer. He states it in his book Hair Rules.

Last edited:
I love the Hair Rules Shampoo and Conditioner. I've been using them weekly since Sept. 19, 2008 and I have yet to find anything that does a better job. The Kinky Cream and the Curly Whip does nothing to enhance my curls, so I stick with KCCC for coily definition.

I hope that they make a larger size like 32oz like WEN in the near future.

Edited to add: The girl in the HR video on the website, doing the demonstration in the shower on how to shampoo and style with the products, she has a texturizer. He states it in his book Hair Rules.

I have his book and I love that girl cause she's so pretty, I just saw the video today on youtube, you sure it's the same girl?

Back