Hair Pulled back...

itismehmmkay

That's how I'm wearing my hair...and I feel self-conscious about it.

Now, the hair itself looks okay and neat. It's just that my hair is not long and at first glance, people think that I've cut off my hair.

I need some ideas as to how to dress it up. I'm sure I could start with bigger earrings, but they can't be too big.

Are there any ideas as to how to dress up the hair itself???

(Note: I don't want a phony-pony.)

I know how you feel about the bun...I feel ya. Try changing your earrings more often. Also, try parting your hair in different ways. A little lip gloss won't hurt and make sure your eyebrows look good. Don't give up, good luck.

This is what I do. I purchased those silk flower barrete/clips. In nice muted colors for work. I usually wear a black silk flower with a low side bun and large earrings. I think it looks professional feminine with a Spanish flair. I don't wear bright silk flowers at work but when I go out I wear them. For work it is usually a black, small cream, burgundy, or brown silk flower. It sits slightly above my ear.

I make sure I do my eyebrows and I am a skin care fanatic. Lipgloss and I am out the door.

You can also wear side swept bangs. I don't do this much because I don't want any oils from my hair on my forehead.

Last edited:
Well since I am in the 'hide your hair until Christmas" challenge, I really don't have a choice. But I know how you feel. In my case, I feel too "neat" if that makes any sense. I am used to wearing my hair full and out.

But the thing that is getting me through is I know by weraing my bun and not activiely touching my hair is going to cause GREAT results in the end. Be patient with your hair and it will be good to you.

As someone who always keeps their hair back, I say it can be a nice and simple style. If you want to, you can put little dressy bobby pins where the hair is too short. It keeps the hair down and looks cute. Or, if you want you can use those big alligator clip things which serve the same purpose, but with style. You can even use those big bow scrunchies on the end for style. Earrings are nice, parts look good and are recommended, and if you like, you can brush down some baby hairs along the sides. Too many possibilities!:) HTH!

Does pulled back mean that its all brushed to the back?
If so why not try swoop or a side part, that makes a ponytail look more feminine.
Or even a small bump in the front, like a faux mohawk.
You could also put a headband on and leave some hair hanging in the front if you have some layer and/or bangs

Back