Hair Products from around the world

beaux cheveux

Just the title sounds enticing right?:lick:

Ladies I am going exotic! :hula:

I am having cravings for trying different hair products from different cultures and seeing how they work on my nappy head self:lachen: I am tried of seeing the same boring products on the selves of my local Walmart or CVS. I'm talking Dominican, Chinese, Indian!!! Thats what I want to see!!! African beauty secrets and Native American hair tonics.

SOOOO I decided why dont we complie a list of tried and true products from different cultures. (shampoos, conditioners, colorings, the works!!) And the website you can find them at or the store name (PLEAAASE!!!!):yawn:

After depriving my self for so long the PJ in me is crying out!:wallbash:

I don't have any online sources but when I was in Egypt, I picked up a conditioner and shampoo called "Frizz". It was supposed to be very popular with a lot of women there but I haven't tried it yet. I have looked online for it, but when I get home I will look on the bottle and see if there is a website.

Indian Products
Vendor: Mehndi Skin Art

- Shikakai Powder
- Amla Powder
- Kalpi Tone Powder
- Dabur Vatika Oil
- Dabur Amla Hair Oil

There are many more, but those are the ones I use regularly.

Last edited:
I have used some of the dominican conditioners: Capilo Milk and honey rinse, emergencia and a few others with good results.

I love henna (it is the bomb). Other herbs that i have used : amalaki, amla and fo-ti powders. They all work well in my henna mixes.

Indian products currently on order:
More henna ( www.fromnaturewithlove.com)
Shikakai and rhassoul clay(www.hennasooq.com)
Shikakai, mulethi and rose herb powders from ( www.indian-herbs-exporters.com/herbs-online-shop-a.html )

That's it.

Back