Hair on top growing faster than the back

Arcadian

My last relaxer was November 19, as of today I'm pretty sure I will go ahead and relax March 19 because my hair has gotten VERY thick in the top. I will only say I'm glad I wet my hair every day because its become increasingly harder to do.

Today I looked at my hair in total frustration (and good thing I'm not going anywhere) becuase its a mess; I have close to 2 inches of growth in the front.

Unfortunately, the back of my hair is not as thick, which I find to be a little disappointing. The difference front front ot back is very apparent going across my head from ear to ear.

As far as textural, in the back its wavey until you hit the kitchen which mirrors the front part of my head. The demarcation line is not as prevalent in the back though because the textures are just really weird back there. Just from what I can tell it looks like I got 1/2inch of growth possibly less. (which is why I'm waiting) In the front its EXTREMELY curly. not big curls, like little curls that love hanging out with each other.

In the meantime while I'm waiting for the back of my hair to catch up as far as growth the front is getting increasingly sensitive that even massages aren't helping.:(

I don't do anything different for the front that I do for the back, and I've not seen any split ends nor have I noticed any serious breakage (maybe 3-4 broken hairs when I do my hair daily) but I HAVE noticed a few fairy knots which I usually don't see until its close to my relaxing time.

Hair is moisterized, always takes forever to dry anyay, I use giovanni shampoo, use oils sparingly, use carefree curl gold and elasta qp. No dry spots on my scalp (the longer I wait to relax the oilier it gets actually) I massage my scalp twice a day, daily vitamin, efas, protien, workout, DC, yad,. yada yada...

ok so whats wrong with me y'all?:lachen: Any ideas help, opinions?

I know not to expect even growth but really should it be that uneven?

-A

P.S.
Sorry so long

Last edited:
OMG, u've just describe my hair and what else is funny is my last relaxer was Nov and I plan to relax again in March. I'm interested in reading the replies.

Back