Hair on the back of my shirt!

supasmilez

I've been having this problem for a while, but I always seem to have random broken strands of hair on the back of my shirt. Beyond bunning what can I do to STOP it!

I would suggest trying a strong protein treatment if you don't use one already. Something like Aphogee or Emergencee. Are you currently using protein?

Yeah I did actually! I usually use it a week after a relaxer. But I've been having this problem for a while. And thinking I needed more protein I used Aphogee for about 5 minutes and DCed, earlier this week.

I acutally just noticed the hairs when I was changing today, so I'm not sure... Should I have used it longer

The problem could also be that you need moisture.... so i'd step up ure moisture game too! Find a good water-based moisturizer, and seal in with an oil.

FYI: SistaSlick wrote a phenomenal tutorial about how to determine whether breakage is caused by lack of moisture, lack of protein, too much protein, etc. Its a sticky on the main page.

Thanks for the feedback!

I guess I could be using more moisture, I just learned today the NTM is NOT a moisturizer :lachen:! So, lol that could be it. I just always assumed since I DC every week for at least 30minutes I'd be GOOD!

I think I may be lacking on the moisture... as I read Sistaslick tutorial.

How often do you moisturize and seal? Daily? Does your hair get oily from the sealing?

I wish it was, because I would just cut the heat out :perplexed But I've actually stopped using heat. *sighs* lol I'm trying to remain optimistic.

KiniKakes said:
The problem could also be that you need moisture.... so i'd step up ure moisture game too! Find a good water-based moisturizer, and seal in with an oil.

FYI: SistaSlick wrote a phenomenal tutorial about how to determine whether breakage is caused by lack of moisture, lack of protein, too much protein, etc. Its a sticky on the main page.

KiniKakes read my mind:lol:! That was the next thing I was going to suggest, moisture. It can be hard to get that moisture/protein balance in control, in fact I am just learning how to balance it myself.

supasmilez said:
Thanks for the feedback!

I guess I could be using more moisture, I just learned today the NTM is NOT a moisturizer :lachen:! So, lol that could be it. I just always assumed since I DC every week for at least 30minutes I'd be GOOD!

I think I may be lacking on the moisture... as I read Sistaslick tutorial.

How often do you moisturize and seal? Daily? Does your hair get oily from the sealing?

OKAY now I am curious. What do you mean not a moisturizer? Please explain what you mean.

When I was having the problem with breakage it was lack of moisture in the tips and friction. I usually wear my hair in a bun or french roll but when I stepped up the washing and deep condtioning it got much better.

Could it be the type of fabric your hair is rubbing against? Cotton will often catch hairs. Other fabrics will to. Silk and satin works well with hair. Just a thought.

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
OKAY now I am curious. What do you mean not a moisturizer? Please explain what you mean.

When I was having the problem with breakage it was lack of moisture in the tips and friction. I usually wear my hair in a bun or french roll but when I stepped up the washing and deep condtioning it got much better.
in

I was reading another thread, and people were saying that NTM is not a moisturizer it's a leave in. So that would explain a lot in my case when I was using it daily as a moisturizer with/o sealing. Does that help? I think the thread was the NTM v. Profective Ends.

dlewis, my hair is a little past chin length so it doesn't really hit the back of my clothes. But I hear you on the cotten!

supasmilez said:
in

I was reading another thread, and people were saying that NTM is not a moisturizer it's a leave in. So that would explain a lot in my case when I was using it daily as a moisturizer with/o sealing. Does that help? I think the thread was the NTM v. Profective Ends.

Leave-ins can be moisturizers and many are actually very effective moisturizers... The two do not have to be mutually exclusive. For instance, my Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Leave-In Treatment is a leave-in but it is also a moisturizer.

I just read through that thread and someone was saying that NTM left their hair dry. That doesn't mean it is not a moisturizer. Not all moisturizers work the same for everyone. There are products on this board that several agree are very moisturizing for their hair and others will laugh at because the same products do nothing for theirs.

Last edited:
KiniKakes said:

And her tutorial is so great! I think about it often in dealing with my protein moisture problems that come up.

For weeks I had be the moisture queen, even with my conditioning. Then all of the sudden little hairs all over the place. I NEEDED PROTEIN! As her tutorial shows, my hair was stretching more than normal then breaking. It also felt too soft!

I sat under the dryer for 5 min with some Aphogee Keratin and instantly I could tell a difference in how it felt and the elasticity.

Sistaslicks sticky is ON POINT!

Back