Hair on strike!

LuLu

Anyone else with this problem?

I can relax with no-lye and my hair straightens fine, but I bought this tub of mizani regular(lye) and it has never straightened my hair( I tried a few times)...right after my hair feels like I did nothing... did I do somthing wrong? Did I get a bad tub? I don't get it, I can't imagine that I need super(my hair is not that coarse or anything)..anyone had this problem with this relaxer? /images/graemlins/look.gif

I have no input about the Mizani, but I love your hair album. You've made great progress. Hopefully, someone else can contribute.

Yes!
I use to use no-lye for years and my hair would relax perfectly. The other day I used Affirm Normal Lye, and my hair is exactly where it was right b4 I got a touch-up, not even underprocessed, there are areas where I have 2 inches of new growth still. When I used to use Affirm No-lye Normal or Mild my hair straightened easily and stayed that way for a long time. I will not use a lye relaxer again.

[ QUOTE ]
whoa... i have never heard of this..... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know! It doesn't make any sense to me... I want to use lye relaxers because it doesn't seem to dry my hair out like the no lye but its not straightening it either?

Maybe I should just try another type of lye? Or should I try super? Super kind of scares me /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Britt I'm glad I'm not alone...have you tried lye before? Or since then??

kitchen_tician thanks for all your help girl /images/graemlins/kiss.gif , I did look at your routine and there is a lot of stuff I want to try now, and you know what...you live in Ga right...where to do you get your supplies? (you can pm me if you don't want to post it /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Back