Hair newbie in need of help

LucSra

Hello LHCF, I am a long(ish) time lurker and a first time poster. I have always thought I had decent length, only because people would tell me they thought I had long hair. But after looking all over the internet at different black hair related sites, never have I been so wrong. And after getting over my little pity party of having very short (and admittedly very damaged) hair, I decided to take better care of my tresses as well as aim for MBL hair. My HHJ started back in late 2011/early 2012 and my short term goal is to get to BSB/BSL by April 2013.

This is what my hair looked like at the beginning of my journey:
asdfgh_zps044b5c74.png

aswedfg_zps4bc28769.png

And what my hair looks like nowadays:
IMAG0063_zps240e1dac.jpg

IMAG0065_zps9781e5ce.jpg

Do you think this is okay retention/growth? Will I be able to make it to BSB by April? And does it look like the health of my hair has improved?

Welcome Newbie!!:trampolin:trampolin

To me, your retention & growth seem to be pretty good. I think you should be able to make BSB by April. It looks like your grazing BSB already! As far as the health of your hair, it looks like it has improved. Your hair def looks thicker than before.

Could you post your reggie? Are you natural, texlax or relaxed?

Good Luck w/ your journey:drunk:

Welcome Newbie!!:trampolin:trampolin

To me, your retention & growth seem to be pretty good. I think you should be able to make BSB by April. It looks like your grazing BSB already! As far as the health of your hair, it looks like it has improved. Your hair def looks thicker than before.

Could you post your reggie? Are you natural, texlax or relaxed?

Good Luck w/ your journey:drunk:

Thanks! Aw, this place so has many nice ladies. :grin:

That's a relief. I was starting to worry that I wasn't getting anywhere with my hair. :look: I'm mostly relaxed but I have been texlaxing for the past 2 relaxer sessions.

My regimen:

• Wash once a week
  • Prepoo before every wash
  • Co-wash once a week
  • Deep condition twice a week
  • Scalp massage with oil blend (castor, grapeseed, olive) once a week

Welcome LucSra. :congrats: You have definitely made progress.

Your hair looks much healthier and fuller. And you went from SL to past APL which is good retention. You may reach BSB by April but I can't say for sure. But you are really close. If not April, probably by June.

Keep doing what you are doing and keep it as simple as you have it.

Welcome @LucSra. :congrats: You have definitely made progress.

Your hair looks much healthier and fuller. And you went from SL to past APL which is good retention. You may reach BSB by April but I can't say for sure. But you are really close. If not April, probably by June.

Keep doing what you are doing and keep it as simple as you have it.

June is still really good and it's not far off so I definitely wouldn't mind if I could make BSB by then. Really good to hear that I'm doing something right. I really don't have the time (or money, really) to do more than my current regimen. And I was worried I wasn't doing enough.

Thanks so much for the reply, it really helps. I'm glad I decided to join. :)

Back