Hair Models

blaqbarb

Is or has anyone ever been a hair model? I was asked to be a hair model for Profectiv products, which I don't think I'll mind. The only thing is I don't like too many people playing around in my hair (meaning I want to be the only one manipulating my hair unless I REALLY trust you).

For those that may have been a hair model, are a hair model or know someone that has done it, what should I expect?

There was a post in November that talked about a model that had to sign a disclosure so the company wasn't responsible for any damage. It talked about how one model had her hair relaxed 3 or 4 times in a few days period to get it straight. I don't remember all details but I remember wondering if she was contractually obligated to let her hair be abused.

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
There was a post in November that talked about a model that had to sign a disclosure so the company wasn't responsible for any damage. It talked about how one model had her hair relaxed 3 or 4 times in a few days period to get it straight. I don't remember all details but I remember wondering if she was contractually obligated to let her hair be abused.

:eek: Wow, once wasn't enough?

I just met with them tonight and they were trying to find a model to use their hair relaxer on. I informed them that my last relaxer was three weeks ago. The stylist was like "Oh so you have three weeks worth of new growth." I was so quick to say no. My hair remains bone straight for the first month after i get a relaxer, so there wasn't a wave to be found on my head (unless it was from the rollers since I had just washed my hair earlier today). I let them know I was not getting a perm again.

On another note, I would have to sign a 5 year contract and not do anything to my hair and face. This was disappointing to me being that I really wanted to henna my hair. Maybe I can get away with it if I just use the cassia.

I'll keep you all posted and let you know if I'm picked or not. They have various sessions to shoot, so if I don't get my chance this time around, I still have a chance later on.

So they want you to be a model for them for the next five years? That sounds like a cool gig... my hair modeling experiences were just one-time things and then I went on about my business after that.

I guess you just have to figure out if it's worth it or not. I don't know what it's like to be an exclusive model for a company, but it seems like it might be pretty lucrative -- unless they just kill your hair, of course!!!

Hopefully there will be a way for you to be a hair model while still having some freedom to control your hair care.

I have be approached several times to be hair model (starting 14 years ago) and I've declined every one.
I really do have a problem with people's hands in my hair and I definitely wasn't interested in someone having the final decision on how my hair was going to look, be styled or the length.

5 yrs so how iron clad is it? Like can you do corrective stuff that you learn here? Do you have to use only Profectiv stuff? Do they have a way of knowing if you renig (sp)? That is a long time to not have say of your own head of hair..I think it is a wonderful opportunity-model wise but you have to remember that you will be in the hands of their stylists...You know what I sound like I am trying to dissuade you and I am not at all. I am a LCHF-neo so bear with me but I don't want to see any of my hair sister s in bad situations

I just received a call this morning with them stating which product they wanted to use on my head. I was right with my initial assumption of them wanting to perm my hair. Like I mentioned, I just relaxed my hair, so that was out of the question. Now I have to wait for some new growth to sprout so they can relax my hair. If I decided to go through with everything, you all may see me on the relaxer boxes of Profectiv.

More to come....

Back