Hair Mayonnaise

santia

I'm looking for a good mayonnaise (besides Hellmans :lol: ) to add to my arsenal. I always see it but never know which one would be good. Which one(s) have you used?

I like the generic version of ORS better. Its by Organics or something like that. It makes my hair softer and its a lot cheaper.

DDtexlaxd said:
To add more moisture I added honey and molasses to my ORS mayo. My hair loves this mix!:D

That's what I did today! I have the ORS mayo, added honey, and joico k-pak reconstructer in my hair too.

I use Africa's Best Hair mayo. It's really great and definitely cheaper for about the same size. BTW, they are definitely on sale for $3 at Walgreens until 2/22. Which reminds me, i need to stock up ;) .

I use Africa's Best Organics hair mayonnaise, too. I usually add something to it (egg, honey, molasses, irish moss, olive oil) although it is great on its own.

I used the ORS Hair Mayo for the first time the week before last and I really liked it! It stengthened but left the hair soft. Had been meaning to try it for some time, but could never catch it on sale (until last month at Sally's).

I also tried the Silk Elements Revive & Restore Hair Mayonaise from Sally's and it's good, too. It strengthens very well and seemed a tad stronger than the ORS. It did it's thing though and is cheaper than ORS. I recommend trying a sample pack (only $1 or so). You get enough in there for about 2 applications (don't use it all in one application like I did...you really don't need it all for shoulder length or shorter hair)

Last edited:
Back