Hair Massage

hope5506

Scalp stimulation is a very important, yet overlooked, part of hair care. Stimulating circulation in the scalp is achieved simply by massage. This will cause more blood to go to the roots of your hair, delivering nutrients and oxygen where it is needed. This will also cause the follicles to produce hair more quickly. Massage your scalp for at least five minutes a day.

How to Massage Your Scalp:

Start by pushing your whole scalp in a circular motion without bending your fingers for 30 seconds. Then move your fingers to a different area and repeat for another 30 seconds, covering the entire scalp. Next, place your fingers firmly on your scalp and rub vigorously for about 10 seconds. Cover the entire scalp in this way as well.

Thanks for this! I've been using a method where I use my wide tooth comb for massage. I'm sure if that was safe

I really believe that scalp massages are contributing to my hair growth!
Been doing them regularly for about 10-12 weeks now.

I didn'r realize how important this was until I read sistaslick's article on it. I was lazy with them but I've been doing it now for two weeks consistently. Hoping to get some extra growth.

vesta, your hair looks good in your siggy. I love the thickness.

I've been forgetting to do this. For a while I massaged my scalp every night. I'm going to start doing this again.

I do scalp massages every time I wash my hair. My ACV rinse consists of dunking my head in the solution and then firmly massaging my scalp to my heart's content. So I do both hanging head down and massaging the scalp. The feeling afterwards is out of this world! Scalp feels ooh so clean and tingly and fresh!

I do scalp massages every time I wash my hair. My ACV rinse consists of dunking my head in the solution and then firmly massaging my scalp to my heart's content. So I do both hanging head down and massaging the scalp. The feeling afterwards is out of this world! Scalp feels ooh so clean and tingly and fresh!
That sounds nice... I think I'll make this a prereq for my new S.O. He needs to be into giving scalp massages....<scribbles down on list>

tis why i wash my hair everyday. i incorporate scalp massages into the daily wash, i feel its played in important role in my past growth. :)

tis why i wash my hair everyday. i incorporate scalp massages into the daily wash, i feel its played in important role in my past growth. :)

:blush: you big chopped! I love your curl type ...size..pattern...

also, wash as in shampoo wash?

Back