Hair Mask

s_terry

Since the search feature isn't working..........

Anyone use Hair "Mask" on occasion instead of your standard conditioners?

I am thinking about trying a mask that is uber moisturizing along with doing more hot oil treatments for my winter regi. If you use a hair mask, please share. I did a google search and Keratise,Phyto and some other one starting with a "K" pops up. One of them dang things is like 50.00!!! I absolutely will not buy it unless 15 people say one of these products is the bomb;. Be kind I really don't need to spend 50.00 on hair mask!:grin:

PJ junkie in the thick of addiction

As an aside, I am looking for a magazine that had an advertisement offering free samples of a hair mask.I think it was a natural mask and it might have something to do with mud. I can't find it now:sad: If anyone knows what I am talking about please tell what that brand was.

You ladies are the best! Thanks!

A lot of people are using Pantene Breakage Defense Mask. I just recently bought this but haven't tried it yet. I will be using it Friday. Also there is Profectiv Growth Mask- which I like. I believe some people on here use it or have used it.

Do you know what mag it was in?

I like the Phytokarite mask - it's good, but I actually use the Phytojoba which is wonderful for me. I recently added to my regime the Icon Inner Home Moisturizing Mask - I love this stuff. I've use twice (every other week) as a deep conditioner and it makes my hair silky, no tangles, super smooth.

I like the Phytokarite mask - it's good, but I actually use the Phytojoba which is wonderful for me. I recently added to my regime the Icon Inner Home Moisturizing Mask - I love this stuff. I've use twice (every other week) as a deep conditioner and it makes my hair silky, no tangles, super smooth.

NEWFLOWERS!!!! I am bad, bad, bad!!! Okay, I promised that I would share about your special silk peptide/wheat/saa conditioner mix after my tex-lax. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! Soft silky hair. Thanks so much for sharing that with me girlie. Worked like a charm!!

A lot of people are using Pantene Breakage Defense Mask. I just recently bought this but haven't tried it yet. I will be using it Friday. Also there is Profectiv Growth Mask- which I like. I believe some people on here use it or have used it.

Do you know what mag it was in?

gorgeous, thanks so much for the info. I am trying to lean more toward a more natural line though. I tend to shy away from products with mineral oil whenever possible.

p.s. Girl you keep giving me recs you are going to break me~! Love it though. Keep it coming!

NEWFLOWERS!!!! I am bad, bad, bad!!! Okay, I promised that I would share about your special silk peptide/wheat/saa conditioner mix after my tex-lax. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! Soft silky hair. Thanks so much for sharing that with me girlie. Worked like a charm!!

What special silk peptide/wheat/saa conditioner mix? I use all of these additives and would love to know!! :yep:

Well it's NewFlowers recipe. I would love to share it, but think I should get her permission. I mean she might want to bottle it or something. For which I will share profits for advertising!!! :grin::grin::grin:

Can someone school me on the diffrence between a hair mask and a rich conditioner? I wanted to buy the Kenra Moisture Hair mask at Trade Secret but I didnt see how it could be any better than their ultra rich regular conditioner. Plus it was 20 bux :ohwell:

They are the same to me. :perplexed

I guess you can put Mask in the name and triple the price. :look:

All the masks I have used and seen in the stores don't seem to be anything more than thick rich deep conditioners.

I am not going to get played by these companies with these overpriced products. :wallbash:

YEA!!! I am so glad it worked for you; this recipe - which you should feel free to share with everyone in the world - has been such a lifesaver, well, hair saver for me. I used to have a problem with protein - not any longer. And I love the strength and silky softness the silk provides, especially combined with the wheat.

What special silk peptide/wheat/saa conditioner mix? I use all of these additives and would love to know!!

I use this when I relax and a similar method one of the two times each week that I do my hair.

Silk peptide power, silk amino acids, hydrolyzed wheat protein, and panthenol. The following is the recipe i shared with s_terry

In a bowl, add half of the reconstructor, four heaping tablespoons of the power, and about four table spoons of the liquids, mix well. The mixture will be an ugly color - kind of icky brown and it smells kind of funny - not like the great scents of most conditioners.

This works really well for me and I simply love the results.

Back