Hair looks a mess in person but the pics it look nice

Lilmama1011

you go to send it to someone to show them how messed up it came out and it looks nice in the picture and you like wtf? Either I'm in delusional or my hair just takes great pics! I did a twist out for the first time with 5 twists and 5 flexi rods at the end, courtesy of buildable beauty on YouTube and it person it looks like its just ok but not really nice at all, like a style to go to the beach, and I went to take a picture of the side and it ends up looking nice but in person t looks crappy. Someone direct me to a YouTube video where I can get a more defined twist out or is this something that gets more defined as you do it often, basically train your hair to get more defined curls, please help!

Leslie_C said:
It may be a matter of products...what did you use and did you do it on wet or dry hair?

Damp hair, I cowshed with the ors hair repair nourishing conditioner and then put Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie for the moisturizing leave in and sealed with grape seed oil

Damp hair, I cowshed with the ors hair repair nourishing conditioner and then put Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie for the moisturizing leave in and sealed with grape seed oil

You don't have a holding product. Shea Moisture Smoothie has very little hold. You may want to look at adding a gel after the smoothie to get better hold. Or use a different leave-in that will let your hair set.

You might want to use more than 5 twists and make sure your hair is completely dry when you take down the style so that it sets.

11 twists is my magic number.....and wht size r your flexi rods? cause i use tiny perm rods and it equals twistout perfection everytime

miss stress said:
11 twists is my magic number.....and wht size r your flexi rods? cause i use tiny perm rods and it equals twistout perfection everytime

I gave the smaller ones which are the yellow ones to my sister, I hues I should of kept them...

I have the opposite problem! I'll do a style, look all cute in the mirror, take a photo for LHCF, and WOMP WOMP, the hair is lookin' a mess. :nono:

NappyNelle said:
I have the opposite problem! I'll do a style, look all cute in the mirror, take a photo for LHCF, and WOMP WOMP, the hair is lookin' a mess. :nono:

Lol, I rather that then mines, at least in person it looks nice

Back