HAIR LENGHT & TIME

carletta

<font color="black"> </font> Ok ladies I know that you are SICK &amp; TIRED of people asking, how long did it take to grow your hair to brastrap length and longer. Well your forum sister is going to ask you again! I currenty have my hair in braids and want to keep them until I reach my goal (brastrap &amp; longer )
smile.gif
, but I'm growing very impatient
mad.gif
with my hair. Somebody please give me some realistic goals. ANY ADVICE WILL HELP! THX!
cool.gif

Whats your starting point? If you are starting from shoulder length, I think its safe to say it will take about a year to hit bra strap. Thats on average, also someones height and hair growth per month are other factors to consider.

There is a thread about this, I will bump it for you..

I got my hair colored on March 20...

April 20 is when I first started measuring my hair. I measured my new growth (from root to the beginning of the color-treated hair) and it measured 1/4 inch...

On May 20, I measured my new growth from root to the color and it measured 3/4 inch. So I got 1 inch in 2 months...

Today, I just measured my hair from hairline to ends and it came up to 17 inches. According to my body, my hair would need to be 24 inches to be bra-strap length. So I need 7 more inches...

I figured my normal growth rate is about 1/2 inch every month so I set my goal for bra-strap length hair for June 2005...

So I would set goals based on the normal growth rate of 6 inches a year, which turned out to be my normal growth rate too...

I'm pretty sure after taking some of the vitamins for a longer period of time and better hair care, I will start to get even more growth per month. I also plan on not trimming at all.

*I hope that makes sense. If not, PM me for clarification.
smile.gif

Hey!
wave.gif

I started hair journey in may 2003 with about shoulder length hair (check my fotki acct for the last pic in the Throwback album to see). After using tips from Motowngrl in may of that year and then LHCF in october, my hair had grown from that length to bra strap in exactly 12 months. Then the dog cut it off
mad.gif
In fact, if I didn't get those three unneeded trims, I would have had about 6-7 1/2 inches of new length
smirk.gif

but anyhoo, I wont let this become a positive post. You will get to your goal if u stick to what works!

the back of my hair hits the base of my neck. the sides are @ the neck also. I took a braid down yesterday in two different places they were each @ 7".I had my hair braided in singles on the 4th of this month and I already have 1/2 of new growth!
clap.gif

Back