HAIR IN TANGLES....HEEEELLLLPP!!

Ladyhenri

:crying3:
came out of the shower and was trying to comb my hair. Have actually given up at the moment cos my hair is badly tangled. Plus because it is damp, it's very weak and is breaking waaaayy too much.:(

I have done a protein and deep conditioner after my shampoo (i need to retouch my relaxer this week) but i dont think my hair suffered from this because it looks and feels quite good. Culprit may be that i usually have to bend over forwards to wash my hair (no shower) and after finishing, have to toss hair backwards to comb...(hope this makes sense). Have deep co'd and started to comb when....sob...breakage and tangles started....:cry2::cry3::crying3:

Please, Please, help...I have noticed progress since joining last month....dont want to looose all that progress after today.
Ps: If you're in GHLW challenge, especial plea for help cos i'm about to fall of the wagon!!

Well, I know if I wash my hair one way and flip it over and detangle, my hair will be a huge knotted mess. Can you wash your hair in the shower? You should try detangling when it's wet and full of conditioner or detangling shampoo. What kind of shampoo do you use. Try to get a moisturizing shampoo. Qhemet makes an excellent detangler, you can get it at CurlMart.com. I HTH some, and good luck!

Ebonygurl00 said:
Well, I know if I wash my hair one way and flip it over and detangle, my hair will be a huge knotted mess. Can you wash your hair in the shower? You should try detangling when it's wet and full of conditioner or detangling shampoo. What kind of shampoo do you use. Try to get a moisturizing shampoo. Qhemet makes an excellent detangler, you can get it at CurlMart.com. I HTH some, and good luck!

Thanks for this reply.
I cant detangle in the shower cos my shower isnt working, hence the bend over to wash routine. I usually use the bath and dont miss the shower that much.
My head sizzles from confusion about when to comb. In the bath, i find my hair is too soft and breaks easily, and combing when dry isnt good either (or is it?)
I used a mixture of alma oil, Elasta DPR & coconut oil for pre poo, washed with lekair gentle strenghtening poo, used fantasia protein reconsturctor, then rinsed thoroughly. My hair actually feels alright apart from the breakage. getting fed up

BUMPING FOR MORE RESPONSES

Henrietta said:
Thanks for this reply.
I cant detangle in the shower cos my shower isnt working, hence the bend over to wash routine. I usually use the bath and dont miss the shower that much.
My head sizzles from confusion about when to comb. In the bath, i find my hair is too soft and breaks easily, and combing when dry isnt good either (or is it?)
I used a mixture of alma oil, Elasta DPR & coconut oil for pre poo, washed with lekair gentle strenghtening poo, used fantasia protein reconsturctor, then rinsed thoroughly. My hair actually feels alright apart from the breakage. getting fed up

BUMPING FOR MORE RESPONSES

A couple of months my cousin, who is a member of this board had really severe tangles and matting. I put conditioner in her hair then used a vent brush to get the tangles out. As I was detangling each section I put a little conditioner in(you may not need to if your hair is already soft) then I worked the tangle and matting out in sections with a vent brush. As each section loosened I would pull the untangled hair out , comb with a wide tooth comb and braid, so it wouldn't get retangled. It took about 3 hours but it saved her from doing the big chop which she was getting ready to do. Of course there is going to be some breakage but hers was minimal.

The bend-over-to-wash routine you described causes me the same matted, tangled mess......add some conditioner to your hair and try detangling with the conditioner in your hair....In the future, you might want to consider washing and conditioning your hair in sections.....hang in there....patience is a key to detangling.

Back