Hair Humor 2016

I knew I needed a break from caring for my natural hair, but I didn't REALLY know it until reflecting upon this:

Lately in my head I'd been rewriting songs to process my hair issues.

Example #1:
"All I need is one line, one line" (to the tune of Nas's "One Mic")

I just want ONE LINE that will do all I need! Exhale.

Example #2:
"Started from the bottom, now it's cleared . . . started from the bottom now the knots are . . . cleared" (to the tune of Drake's "Started from the Bottom").

I sang this to remind myself to detangle from the BOTTOM of each section.

But when I had the thought, "Hmm. You know what?!?? I betcha I could PLAY Drake's 'Started from the Bottom' and use that to help me reach my detangling time goals, and I betcha I'd get GREAT lyrics if I asked LHCF people to write great hair-related lyrics for the verses" -- When THAT sequence of thoughts popped into my head, that's when I seriously began considering getting a protective style.
:lachen:

#itwastimeforahairbreaktruly
#yesmyhairwasdrivingmeovertheedge

I had to call my sis-in-law and ask about the weird clear mesh-like fabric attached at the front of my new wig. I could here the eye roll in her voice: "NO, YVETTE! DON'T TRY TO PULL YOUR OWN HAIR THROUGH IT." And "NO, NO . . . YVETTE! DON'T JUST CUT IT OFF."

Kanye shrug. They don't teach you these things in school, and I had not time for the rabbit hole that is sometimes YouTube. So, yeah, I "AKSED" somebody better in the know. :look:

Back